Applying to the Leadership Program
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) invites applications from qualified individuals for its 2012 Executive Energy Leadership Academy (Energy Execs). The Academy educates public- and private-sector decision-makers about renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and applications through a non-technical approach. The Leadership Program classroom experience includes lectures and overviews by technology experts, laboratory tours, and off-site field trips. Participants are required to undertake a project and present it to the class. The program is held during five two-day sessions from May through September at NREL's Golden, Colorado, campus. All sessions originate and end at NREL's campus.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to influence the energy-related decisions of their organizations or communities;
- Commitment to attend all classes;
- Commitment to undertake a class project;
- Submission of two letters of recommendation, including one signifying their organization's commitment to applicant's participation.
The program is not intended for vendors or purveyors of energy services.
Tuition is waived; course materials, transportation, and meals during the program are provided. Participants are responsible for travel and lodging expenses.
2012 Program Dates
May 31- June 1, June 28–29, July 26–27, August 23–24, and September 27–28.
The application process for the 2012 class closes on March 30, 2012.
To apply for the program, applicants must:
- Complete the application (online preferred) by March 30, 2012
- You may print the application and mail or fax it, if necessary
- Submit two letters of recommendation to EnergyExecs@nrel.gov
- Include applicant's name in subject line
- One letter must signify organization's commitment to applicant's participation
- Confirm availability for all program dates.
An NREL-established committee will review applications, and if appropriate, conduct informal interviews. Applicants will be notified by mid-April.
Apply Via Fax or Mail
You may also print the application and mail or fax it; two letters of recommendation must be included. See contact information below.
Send Application to:
Janice Rooney, NREL
15013 Denver West Parkway
Golden, CO 80401