NREL maintains the technical support, managerial expertise, and supporting infrastructure required to deliver quality research, products, services, and work processes by implementing our Quality Assurance Program.
Using this program, we strive to:
- Meet or exceed Department of Energy and NREL requirements,
- Reflect applicable industry standards (e.g. ISO 9001), and
- Meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
Highlights of NREL's Quality Program
NREL's Quality Assurance Program helps achieve the following actions:
- Identifies key attributes that make processes more effective
- Provides the necessary tools and personnel to enable effective assessments
- Identifies the underlying infrastructure needed to turn improvement opportunities into reality
- Provide support to the delivery of high quality construction projects
- Assists organizations in achieving greater success by implementing improvement mechanisms
- Provides training support for quality tools like Measurement Uncertainty and Design of Experiments
- Maintains laboratory accreditation in accordance with the ISO 17025 Standard General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories