NREL's concentrating solar power R&D activities rely on a diverse team of engineers and scientists with years of research expertise in solar thermal and parabolic trough technologies, advanced optical materials, photovoltaics, advanced thermal storage materials, and heat transfer fluids.
We employ state-of-the-art laboratory, modeling, and analysis capabilities to advance concentrating solar power technologies, making them more competitive in U.S. and global power markets. Read a fact sheet that provides an overview of our capabilities.
Read a series of fact sheets that describe our capabilities for developing, testing, and evaluating concentrating solar power components and systems. The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs.
- Overview of Concentrating Solar Power Capabilities.
- Collector/Receiver Characterization
- Thermal Storage and Advanced Heat Transfer Fluids
- Modeling and Analysis of Concentrating Solar Power Systems
- Advanced Reflector and Absorber Materials
Learn more about our: