International PV Quality Assurance Task Force
The International Photovoltaic Quality Assurance Task Force (PVQAT) is leading efforts to develop standards with three primary goals:
- Provide comparative information about the relative durability of photovoltaic (PV) modules when exposed to a variety of stresses, giving solar customers a baseline for improving the accuracy of quantitative PV lifetime predictions
- Create a guideline for factory inspections of the QA system used during manufacturing.
- Establish capability to issue PV system certifications.
PVQAT includes the following Task Groups. More information is available on each group's progress and current status.
- Task Group 1: PV QA guideline for manufacturing consistency — leaders Ivan Sinicco, Yoshihito Eguchi, Govind Ramu, Gunnar Brueggemann, Wei Zhou
- Task Group 2: PV QA testing for thermal and mechanical fatigue including vibration — leaders Nick Bosco, Tadanori Tanahashi, Simon Xiao
- Task Group 3: PV QA testing for humidity, temperature, and voltage — leaders John Wohlgemuth, Takuya Doi, Neelkanth Dhere, Tony Tang
- Task Group 4: PV QA testing for diodes, shading and reverse bias — leaders Vivek Gade, Yasunori Uchida, Hubert Volz, Chandler Zhang, Paul Robusto
- Task Group 5: PV QA testing for UV, temperature, and humidity — leaders Michael Koehl, Tsuyoshi Shioda, Jasbir Bath, David Miller, Ganxin Jie
- Task Group 6: Communication of PV QA ratings to the community — leaders David Williams, Sarah Kurtz, Pierre Verlinden, Haiyan Qin
- Task Group 7: PV QA testing for mechanical loading — leader Faye Li
- Task Group 8: PV QA testing for thin-film PV — leaders Neelkanth Dhere, Masayoshi Takani, Veronica Bermudez, Yaohua Mai, Jingong Pan
- Task Group 9: PV QA testing for Concentrator PV (CPV) — leaders Nick Bosco, Itai Suez, Rafael Xing, Bruce Wang
- Task Group 10: Connectors — leaders Juris Kalejs, Tony Tang, Shilin Fan
- Task Group 11: QA for PV Systems — leaders Sumanth Lokanath, Shilin Fan, Niuchen Hui.
To volunteer for any of these Task Groups, please contact the leader directly or request access to the website at http://pvqataskforceqarating.pbworks.com/.
Additional information on PVQAT is available.