International PV Module Quality Assurance
The International Photovoltaic (PV) Module Quality Assurance (QA) Task Force is leading efforts to develop standards with two primary goals:
- Develop a QA rating system that provides comparative information about the relative durability of PV modules when exposed to a variety of stresses. This provides PV customers with a baseline for improving the accuracy of quantitative PV lifetime predictions.
- Create a guideline for factory inspections of the QA system used during manufacturing.
The PV QA Task Force includes the following Task Groups:
- Task Group 1: PV QA guideline for manufacturing consistency - leaders Ivan Sinicco, Yoshihito Eguchi, Gunnar Brueggemann, Alex Mikonowicz, Zhou Wei
- Task Group 2: PV QA testing for thermal and mechanical fatigue including vibration - leaders Chris Flueckiger, Tadanori Tanahashi
- Task Group 3: PV QA testing for humidity, temperature, and voltage - leaders John Wohlgemuth, Takuya Doi, Neelkanth Dhere
- Task Group 4: PV QA testing for diodes, shading and reverse bias - leaders Vivek Gade, Yasunori Uchida, Paul Robusto
- Task Group 5: PV QA testing for UV, temperature and humidity - leaders Michael Koehl, Kusato Hirota, Jasbir Bath
- Task Group 6: Communication of PV QA ratings to the community - leader David Williams
- Task Group 7: PV QA testing for wind loading - leader Sandy Pulsford
- Task Group 8: PV QA testing for thin-film PV - leaders Botias Roschek, Neelkanth Dhere, Veronica Bermudez, Shuuji Tokuda
- Task Group 9: PV QA testing for CPV - leaders Itai Suez and Nick Bosco
To volunteer for Task Group 1, please contact the leader directly or request access to the website at http://pvqataskforcemanufacturingqa.pbworks.com/.
To volunteer for Task Groups 2–9, please contact the leader directly or request access to the website at http://pvqataskforceqarating.pbworks.com/.
Additional information on the forum is available.