International PV Quality Assurance Task Force
The International Photovoltaic (PV) Quality Assurance (QA) Task Force is leading efforts to develop standards with two primary goals:
- Develop a QA rating system that provides comparative information about the relative durability of PV modules when exposed to a variety of stresses. This provides PV customers with a baseline for improving the accuracy of quantitative PV lifetime predictions.
- Create a guideline for factory inspections of the QA system used during manufacturing.
The PV QA Task Force includes the following Task Groups. More information is available on each group's progress and current status.
- Task Group 1: PV QA guideline for manufacturing consistency — leaders Ivan Sinicco, Yoshihito Eguchi, Govind Ramu, Gunnar Brueggemann, Zhou Wei
- Task Group 2: PV QA testing for thermal and mechanical fatigue including vibration — leaders Nick Bosco, Tadanori Tanahashi
- Task Group 3: PV QA testing for humidity, temperature, and voltage — leaders John Wohlgemuth, Takuya Doi, Neelkanth Dhere
- Task Group 4: PV QA testing for diodes, shading and reverse bias — leaders Vivek Gade, Yasunori Uchida, Paul Robusto
- Task Group 5: PV QA testing for UV, temperature, and humidity — leaders Michael Koehl, Tsuyoshi Shioda, Jasbir Bath, David Miller
- Task Group 6: Communication of PV QA ratings to the community — leaders David Williams and Sarah Kurtz
- Task Group 7: PV QA testing for snow and wind loading — leader is currently not designated
- Task Group 8: PV QA testing for thin-film PV — leaders Neelkanth Dhere, Masayoshi Takani, Veronica Bermudez
- Task Group 9: PV QA testing for CPV — leaders Nick Bosco, Itai Suez
- Task Group 10: Connectors — leader Juris Kalejs
- Task Group 11: QA for PV Systems — leader TBD.
To volunteer for any of these Task Groups, please contact the leader directly or request access to the website at http://pvqataskforceqarating.pbworks.com/.
Additional information on the forum is available.