In-Depth Solar Technical Assistance Application
The application period for working with NREL's Solar Technical Assistance Team (STAT) through the In-Depth program has closed for fiscal year 2014. Please sign up for email updates to find out when the next round opens in fiscal year 2015, which beings October1, 2014. If you have a time-sensitive question or need expert testimony on policy best practices, STAT assistance is available year-round through the Quick Response program.
To meet the basic eligibility criteria, applicants must qualify as:
- State elected official or staff
- State agency staff
- Local elected official or staff
- Local agency staff
In addition, applicants must perform work that is directly related to PV markets/costs.
Please note that the applicant must be a representative of a state or local government. Non-profit organizations and private sector entities are not eligible.
Successful applicants will:
- Provide staff time to assist in the development and actively participate in the technical assistance delivery
- Identify specific areas of necessary assistance
- Articulate existing state barriers
- Articulate specifically how the requested assistance would remove or reduce the barrier (e.g. streamlined interconnection process would reduce developer wait times by x days)
- Articulate how DOE assistance would help facilitate movement toward a robust solar market
- Provide illustrated institutional interest in developing a rooftop solar market
- Be well positioned (e.g. with an open docket proceeding or active legislative session) on these topics to implement changes that will open PV market. Better positioning may be achieved through multiple agencies coordinating within a state and this will be recognized in the review.
Due to timing restrictions, some applicants may be asked to reapply in later rounds of applications.