Yimin Zhang is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since April 2010
Phone number: 303-275-3258
Areas of expertise
- Life cycle assessment
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of greenhouse gas emissions reduction
Primary research interests
- Life cycle assessment for biofuels
- Competing uses of biomass resources
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in civil engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- M.A.Sc. in civil engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- B.S. in environmental engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Prior work experience
- Environmental Engineering Manager, Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Company, Ltd. Shanghai, China (1997-2001)
- Environmental Engineer, Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Company, Ltd. Shanghai, China (1990-1996)
Warner, E.; Zhang, Y.; Chum, H.; Newmark, R. (2012). Land Use and Water Efficiency in Current and Potential Future U.S. Corn and Brazilian Sugarcane Ethanol Systems (Poster). 1 pg.; NREL Report No. PO-6A20-57111.
Zhang, Y., McKechnie, J., Cormier, D., Lyng, R., Mabee, W., Ogino, A., MacLean, H.L. 2010. Life cycle emissions and cost of producing electricity from coal, natural gas and wood pellets in Ontario, Canada. Environmental Science and Technology 44: 538-544.
Zhang, Y., Joshi, S., MacLean, H.L. 2010. Can ethanol alone meet California's Low Carbon Fuel Standard? An evaluation of feedstock and conversion alternatives. Environmental Research Letters 5: 1-14.
Zhang, Y., Habibi, S., MacLean, H.L. 2007. Environmental and economic evaluation of bioenergy in Ontario, Canada. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 57: 919-933.
Main, M., Joseph, A., Zhang, Y., MacLean, H.L. 2007. Assessing the energy potential of agricultural bioenergy pathways for Canada. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 97: 781-792.
Spatari, S., Zhang, Y., MacLean, H.L. 2005. Life cycle assessment of switchgrass and corn stover-derived ethanol fueled automobiles. Environmental Science and Technology 39: 9750-9758.