William Wallace is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Project Leader
On staff 1979-2004 (NCPV) and since September 2007 (SEAC)
Phone number: 303-384-7554
Areas of expertise
- Managing bilateral cooperation programs and developing cooperation agreements between NREL and other organizations
- U.S. China renewable energy cooperation and joint research
- Policy, business development, and commercialization strategies for biomass, wind, and solar applications
Primary research interests
- Managing and participation in bilateral cooperation programs
- China: U.S. China MOU for Biofuels Development and U.S. China Renewable Energy Program
- EU: NREL Regional Coordinator for cooperation with EU countries
- Applications, markets, and policy development for solar, wind and biomass
Education and background training
- Post-doctoral research in electrochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, 1979
- M.S. and Ph.D. in physical chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1977
- B.S. in chemistry, Memphis State University, Memphis, TN, 1972
Prior work experience
- Senior project leader, SEAC, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colo. (2007-present)
- Senior technical adviser, UNDP Renewable Energy Program, Beijing, China (1999-2007)
- Project manager, NCPV, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colo. (1991-1999)
- On assignment - PV and High-Temperature Superconductivity Programs, U.S. DOE, Washington, D.C., (1989-1991)
- Senior scientist, Solar Energy Research Institute, Golden, Colo. (1979-1989)
- American Chemical Society
- International Solar Energy Society
Wallace, W.; Wang, Z. (2006). "Solar Energy in China: Development Trends for Solar Water Heaters and Photovoltaics in the Urban Environment," Bulletin of Science, Technology, and Society, Vol. 26, No. 2, April.
Wallace, W.; Wang, S.; Lu, F.; Wang, Z. (2005). "UNDP/GEF Support for China's National Rural Electrification Programs." Proc. 15th International PVSEC, October 10-15. Shanghai, P.R. China.
Wallace, W.; et. al. "National Wind Farm Resource Assessment Program in China." (2003). Proc. 2003 European Wind Energy Conference (EWEC), June 16-20. Madrid, Spain.
Byrne, J.; Shen, B.; Wallace, W. (1998). "The Economics of Sustainable Energy for Rural Development: A Study of Renewable Energy in Rural China." Energy Policy, Vol. 1, pp. 45-54.
Wallace, W. (1995). "Government Terrestrial Acceleration Programs." Solar Cells and Their Applications, L. Partain, ed., pp. 491-511, John Wiley & Sons.
Full list of William Wallace publications (NREL)