Victor Diakov is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 2007
Phone number: 303-275-3049
Areas of expertise
- Geographic diversity of wind and solar power generation
- Wind and solar energy in the grid
- Energy and power systems, vehicular hydrogen
- Computer models integration
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy generation and carriers
- Energy infrastructure modeling
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, 2002
- Specialist in international finance, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia, 1993
- Ph.D. in physics, Institute of Chemical Physics, Moscow, Russia, 1989
- B.S. and M.S. in applied physics and mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1985
Prior work experience
- Scientist, American Air Liquide, Newark, DE (2007)
- Greenhouse gas emissions mitigation; carbon capture and sequestration
- Oxycombustion, pilot plant tests at Clean Energy Development Facility, Alliance, OH
- University research at Notre Dame, Caltech, Purdue (1998-2006)
- combustion, catalysis, membrane reactors
Corbus, D., D. Hurlbut, P. Schwabe, E. Ibanez, M. Milligan, G. Brinkman, A. Paduru, V. Diakov, and M. Hand. 2014. California-Wyoming Grid Integration Study: Phase 1 — Economic Analysis. NREL/TP-6A20-61192. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO (US).
Short, W., and Diakov, V. "Matching Western US Electricity Consumption with Wind and Solar Resources." Wind Energy 16 no.4 (May 2013): 491-500. NREL/JA-6A2-48593. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/we.1513
Diakov, V. "Angle on Solar and Wind Variability." Solar Today 26 no. 7 (November/December 2012): 30-3. NREL/JA-6A20-56462.
Ela, E., V. Diakov, E. Ibanez, M. Heaney. 2013. Impacts of Variability and Uncertainty in Solar Photovoltaic Generation at Multiple Timescales. NREL/TP-5500-58274. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO (US).
Diakov, V., M. Ruth, B. James, J. Perez, and A. Spisak. 2011. Technical Breakthrough Points and Opportunities in Transition Scenarios for Hydrogen as Vehicular Fuel. NREL/TP-6A10-53489. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO (US).
Shafirovich, E., V. Diakov, and A. Varma. "Combustion of Novel Chemical Mixtures for Hydrogen Generation." Combustion and Flame 144 no. 1 (2006): 415-18.
Full list of Victor Diakov publications (NREL)
Ski, soccer, kayak