Victor Diakov is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 2007
Phone number: 303-275-3049
Areas of expertise
- Geographic diversity of wind and solar power generation
- Wind and solar energy in the grid
- Energy and power systems, vehicular hydrogen
- Computer models integration
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy generation and carriers
- Energy infrastructure modeling
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, 2002
- Specialist in international finance, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia, 1993
- Ph.D. in physics, Institute of Chemical Physics, Moscow, Russia, 1989
- B.S. and M.S. in applied physics and mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1985
Prior work experience
- Scientist, American Air Liquide, Newark, DE (2007)
- Greenhouse gas emissions mitigation; carbon capture and sequestration
- Oxycombustion, pilot plant tests at Clean Energy Development Facility, Alliance, OH
- University research at Notre Dame, Caltech, Purdue (1998-2006)
- combustion, catalysis, membrane reactors
Corbus, D.; Hurlbut, D.; Schwabe, P.; Ibanez, E.; Milligan, M.; Brinkman, G.; Paduru, A.; Diakov, V.; Hand, M. (2014). California-Wyoming Grid Integration Study: Phase 1 -- Economic Analysis. 84 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-61192.
Diakov, V.; Short, W. (2013). "Matching Western US Electricity Consumption with Wind and Solar Resources." Wind Energy. Vol. 16(4), May 2013; pp. 491-500; NREL Report No. JA-6A2-48593. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/we.1513
Diakov, V. (2012). "Angle on Solar and Wind Variability." Solar Today. Vol. 26(7), November/December 2012; pp. 30-33; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-56462.
Ela, E.; Diakov, V.; Ibanez, E.; Heaney, M. (2013). Impacts of Variability and Uncertainty in Solar Photovoltaic Generation at Multiple Timescales. 41 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-5500-58274.
Diakov, V.; Ruth, M.; James, B.; Perez, J.; Spisak, A. (2011). Technical Breakthrough Points and Opportunities in Transition Scenarios for Hydrogen as Vehicular Fuel. 44 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A10-53489.
Shafirovich, E.; Diakov, V.; Varma, A. (2006). "Combustion of Novel Chemical Mixtures for Hydrogen Generation." Combustion and Flame. Vol. 144(1). pp. 415-418.
Full list of Victor Diakov publications (NREL)
Ski, soccer, kayak