Victor Diakov is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 2007
Phone number: 303-275-3049
Areas of expertise
- Geographic diversity of wind and solar power generation
- Wind and solar energy in the grid
- Energy and power systems, vehicular hydrogen
- Computer models integration
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy generation and carriers
- Energy infrastructure modeling
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, 2002
- Specialist in international finance, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia, 1993
- Ph.D. in physics, Institute of Chemical Physics, Moscow, Russia, 1989
- B.S. and M.S. in applied physics and mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1985
Prior work experience
- Scientist, American Air Liquide, Newark, DE (2007)
- Greenhouse gas emissions mitigation; carbon capture and sequestration
- Oxycombustion, pilot plant tests at Clean Energy Development Facility, Alliance, OH
- University research at Notre Dame, Caltech, Purdue (1998-2006)
- combustion, catalysis, membrane reactors
Short, W.; Diakov, V. (2012). "Matching western US electricity consumption with wind and solar resources." Wind Energy, May. doi: 10.1002/we.1513.
Diakov, V.; Ruth, M.; James, B.; Perez, J.; Spisak, A. (2011). "Technical Breakthrough Points and Opportunities in Transition Scenarios for Hydrogen as Vehicular Fuel." 44 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A10-53489.
Diwan, M.; Diakov, V.; Shafirovich, E.; Varma, A. (2008). "Noncatalytic hydrothermolysis of ammonia borane." Int. J Hydrogen Energy. 33, 1135-1141. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2007.12.049.
Full list of Victor Diakov publications (NREL)
Ski, soccer, kayak