Tyler Stehly is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Engineering Wind Technology Analyst
On staff since 2012
Phone number: 303-384-7190
Areas of expertise
- Energy economic models
- Wind energy systems
- Cost of energy analysis
- Project cost estimation
- Technical report writing
Primary research interests
- Wind technologies
- Renewable energy systems
- Mechanisms and materials
- Manufacturing and supply chain
Education and background training
- M.Eng., emphasis in mechanical engineering, Northern Arizona University, 2012 (Magna Cum Laude)
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, Northern Arizona University, 2008
Prior work experience
- Mechanical Engineer, Continual Improvement Management Intern, Vestas Technologies R&D, Portland, OR (2011)
- Project Cost Estimator, Kiewit Bridge & Marine, Vancouver, WA (2008–2009)
Cotrell, J.; Stehly, T.; Johnson, J.; Roberts, J. O.; Parker, Z.; Scott, G.; Heimiller, D. (2014). Analysis of Transportation and Logistics Challenges Affecting the Deployment of Larger Wind Turbines: Summary of Results. 17 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-5000-61063.
Cotrell, J.; Stelhy, T. (2013). Assessment of U.S. Manufacturing Capability for Next-Generation Wind Turbine Drivetrains. 39 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-5000-58909.
Rock climbing, snow sports, mountain biking, water sports, music, travel