Suzanne Tegen is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 2002
Phone number: 303-384-6939
Areas of expertise
- Renewable energy policy (including wind, solar, marine hydrokinetic, etc.)
- Wind power workforce, employment and economic development
- Value and cost of wind energy
- Economic development impacts from new electricity on local populations
- Wind power manufacturing and supply chain
- Fluent in German
Primary research interests
- Economic and environmental impacts from energy production
- Wind power social acceptance/public involvement
- Quantification of wind deployment issues (siting, transmission, permitting)
- Domestic energy manufacturing and supply chain issues
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in energy policy, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2006
- M.S. in environmental policy, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2003
- B.A. in German literature (Minor in environmental studies), University of Wisconsin-Madison
Prior work experience
- Research Assistant for the Center for Science and Technology Policy at the University of Colorado at Boulder (2002)
- Teaching Assistant for the Geography Department at CU Boulder (2001)
- Communications Director for the Center for Resource Solutions in San Francisco, CA (1999-2000)
- Environmental Specialist, U.S. Antarctic Program, McMurdo Station (1995-1998)
- Board Member, Women of Wind Energy
Lantz, E.; Tegen, S. (2011). "Jobs and Economic Development from New Transmission and Generation in Wyoming." 73 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-50577
Schneck, J.; Murray, B.; Gumerman, E.; Tegen, S. (2010). "Estimating the Employment Impacts of Energy and Environmental Policies and Programs: Workshop Summary Report." Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions (Duke University). NI PB 10-06. December.
Tegen, S. (2010). "Wind Turbine Manufacturers in the United States: Locations and Local Impacts" (Presentation). 19 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A2-47913
Lantz, E.; Oteri, F.; Tegen, S.; Doris, E. (2010). "State Clean Energy Policies Analysis (SCEPA): State Policy and the Pursuit of Renewable Energy Manufacturing." 31 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-46672
Lantz, E.; Tegen, S. (2009). "Economic Development Impacts of Community Wind Projects: A Review and Empirical Evaluation." Windpower 2009 Conference & Exhibition. [Full Conference Materials DVD-ROM], 4-7 May 2009, Chicago, Illinois. Washington, D.C.: American Wind Energy Association (AWEA); produced by Fleetwood Onsite Conference Recording 28 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-550-46843
Tegen, S.; Milligan, M.; Goldberg, M. (2007). "Economic Development Impacts of Wind Power: A Comparative Analysis of Impacts within the Western Governors' Association States." Preprint. 19 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-500-41808.
Lantz, E.; Tegen, S. (2008). "Variables Affecting Economic Development of Wind Energy." 30 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-500-43506.
Reategui, S.; Tegen, S. (2008). "Economic Development Impacts of Colorado's First 1000 Megawatts of Wind Energy." 25 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-500-43505.
Full list of Suzanne Tegen publications (NREL)