Sean Esterly is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since August 2013
Phone number: 303-384-7436
Areas of expertise
- International clean energy policy analysis
- Micro- and mini-grid policy and regulation
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency for islands
Primary research interests
- Distributed generation
- Rural electrification
- Energy access
Education and background training
- M.A. in environmental management and policy, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, 2012
- B.A. in political science, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida, 2007
- B.A. in environmental studies, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida 2007
Prior work experience
- Island Energy Analyst Intern, NREL, Golden, Colorado (2012-2013)
- Renewable Energy Analyst, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, Washington, D.C. (2010)
Bazilian, M.; Burman, K.; Esterly, S. (In press). Barriers and Opportunities to Mini-Grid Development and Technical Background Papers. NREL Report No. TP-6A00-58313.
Esterly, S. (In press). Renewable Energy Grid Integration Case Studies on Remote Islands. NREL Report No. TP-6A20-58261.
Conrad, M. D.; Esterly, S. (2013). Guam Strategic Energy Plan. 34 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-7A40-59192.
Conrad, M. D.; Esterly, S.; Bodell, T.; Jones, T. (2013). American Samoa Energy Strategies. 41 pp.; NREL Report No. MP-7A40-60556.
Haase, S.; Esterly, S.; Herdrich, D.; Bodell, T.; Visser, C. (2013). American Samoa Energy Action Plan. 20 pp.; NREL Report No. MP-7A40-59190.
Full list of Sean Esterly publications (NREL)
Skiing, hiking with my dogs, hockey, swimming, Crossfit