Scott Jenne is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Multidisciplinary Energy Engineer
On staff since 2011
Phone number: 303-384-7248
Areas of expertise
- Techno-Economic Analysis
- Mechanical design
- 3D modeling and finite element analysis (FEA)
- Wave energy conversion
- Geothermal power cycles
Primary research interests
- Cost reduction pathways of RE systems
- Integration of RE systems with clean water production
Education and background training
- M.S in systems engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2011
- B.S in multidisciplinary engineering (mechanical specialty), Arizona State University, 2009
Prior work experience
- Thermochemical Conversion RPP, NREL, Golden, CO
Bull, D., C. Smith, D.S. Jenne, P. Jacob, A. Copping, S. Willits, A. Fontaine, D. Brefort, G. Copeland, M. Gordon, R. Jepsen. 2014. Reference Model 6 (RM6): Oscillating Wave Energy Converter. SAND2011-18311. Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM. (US).
Jenne, D. S. 2014. Electronic Submersible Pump (ESP) Technology and Limitations with Respect to Geothermal Systems (Fact Sheet). NREL/FF-6A20-62355. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO (US).
Yu, Y. H., D.S. Jenne, R. Thresher, A. Copping, S. Geerlofs, L.A. Hanna. 2015. Reference Model 5 (RM5): Oscillating Surge Wave Energy Converter. NREL/TP-5000-62861. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO (US).
Jenne, D. S.; H.Y. Yu, V. Neary. 2015. Levelized Cost of Energy Analysis of Marine and Hydrokinetic Reference Models: Preprint. NREL/CP-5000-64013. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO (US).
Full list of Scott Jenne publications (NREL)