Scott Jenne is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Multidisciplinary Energy Engineer
On staff since 2011
Phone number: 303-384-7248
Areas of expertise
- Techno-Economic Analysis
- Mechanical design
- 3D modeling/CAD
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Wave energy conversion
- Thermal power cycle analysis
Primary research interests
- Cost reduction pathways for MHK systems
- Direct Desalination using MHK technologies
- Wave Energy Power-Take-Off design
- Non-Electric Market opportunities for MHK
- Additive manufacturing and Design for Additive Manufacturing
Education and background training
- M.S in systems engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2011
- B.S in multidisciplinary engineering (mechanical speciality), Arizona State University, 2009
Prior work experience
- Thermochemical Conversion RPP, NREL National Bioenergy Center, Golden, CO
Diana Bull, D. Scott Jenne, Christopher Smith, Andrea Copping, Guild Copeland. Levelized Cost of Energy for a Backward Bent Duct Buoy. International Journal of Marine Energy; 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijome.2016.07.002
Jenne, D.S., Y.H. Yu, and V. Neary. 2015. Levelized Cost of Energy Analysis of Marine and Hydrokinetic Reference Models: Preprint. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-5000-64013.
Yu, Y.H., D.S. Jenne, R. Thresher, A. Copping, S. Geerlofs, L.A. Hanna. 2015. Reference Model 5 (RM5): Oscillating Surge Wave Energy Converter. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-5000-62861.
Bull, D., C. Smith, D.S. Jenne, P. Jacob, A. Copping, S. Willits, A. Fontaine, D. Brefort, G. Copeland, M. Gordon, R. Jepsen. 2014. Reference Model 6 (RM6): Oscillating Wave Energy Converter. SAND2011-18311. Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM. (US).
Jenne, D.S. 2014. Electronic Submersible Pump (ESP) Technology and Limitations with Respect to Geothermal Systems (Fact Sheet). Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/FF-6A20-62355.
Full list of Scott Jenne publications (NREL)