Sadie Cox is member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
International Energy Analyst
On staff since April 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7391
Areas of expertise
- International market analysis
- Low emissions development planning
- International coordination to support climate programs
Primary research interests
- Energy and development
- Renewable energy markets in Africa
- Microfinance in West African countries
- Ecological innovation
Education and background training
- M.A. in global finance, trade and economic integration, University of Denver, 2009
- B.A. in economics and international affairs, University of Colorado - Boulder, 2005
Prior work experience
- Graduate Assistant, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, Denver, CO (2007-09)
- Research Assistant, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France (2008)
- Microfinance Intern, Institution Mutualiste Communautaire d'Epargne et de Credit, Dakar, Senegal (2007)
- Council on International Finance, Trade and Economic Integration, University of Denver
Miller, M.; Cox, S. (2014). Overview of Variable Renewable Energy Regulatory Issues: A Clean Energy Regulators Initiative Report. 47 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-61350.
Cox, S.; Katz, J.; Wurtenberger, L. (2014). Assessing Development Impacts Associated with Low Emission Development Strategies: Lessons Learned from Pilot Efforts in Kenya and Montenegro. 33 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-58391.
Cowlin, S.; Cochran, J.; Cox, S.; Davison, C.; van der Gaast, Y. (2012). Broadening the Appeal of Marginal Abatement Cost Curves: Capturing Both Carbon Mitigation and Development Benefits of Clean Energy Technologies; Preprint. 10 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-6A20-54487.
Benioff, R.; Cochran, J.; Cox, S. (2012). International Experiences and Frameworks to Support Country-Driven Low-Emissions Development. 25 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-6A20-52860.
Cox, S., and Benioff, R. (2011). "International Assistance for Low-Emissions Development Planning: Coordinated Low Emissions Assistance Network (CLEAN) Inventory of Activities and Tools - Preliminary Trends." National Renewable Energy Laboratory. December.
Cochran, J., Cox, S., Benioff, R., de Coninck, H. and Wuertenberger, L. (2010). "An Exploration of Options and Functions of Climate Technology Centres and Networks." United Nations Environment Programme.
Cox, S. (2010). "International Clean Energy Analysis Gateway: Assisting Developing Countries with Clean Energy Deployment" (Fact Sheet). 2 pp.; NREL Report No. FS-6A2-47237; DOE/GO-102010-2957.
Cox, S. (2010). "U.S. OpenLabs: Promoting Clean Energy Development Through Access to Tools, Data, and Expertise Across U.S. National Laboratories" (Fact Sheet). 2 pp.; NREL Report No. FS-6A2-47238; DOE/GO-102010-2958.
Full list of Sadie Cox publications (NREL)
Snowboarding, hiking, reading and movies