Sadie Cox is member of the Markets & Policy Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
International Energy Analyst
On staff since April 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7391
Areas of expertise
- International market analysis
- Low emissions development planning
- International coordination to support climate programs
Primary research interests
- Energy and development
- Renewable energy markets in Africa
- Microfinance in West African countries
- Ecological innovation
Education and background training
- M.A. in global finance, trade and economic integration, University of Denver, 2009
- B.A. in economics and international affairs, University of Colorado - Boulder, 2005
Prior work experience
- Graduate Assistant, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, Denver, CO (2007-09)
- Research Assistant, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France (2008)
- Microfinance Intern, Institution Mutualiste Communautaire d'Epargne et de Credit, Dakar, Senegal (2007)
- Council on International Finance, Trade and Economic Integration, University of Denver
Cox, S., K. Nawaz, and D. Sandor. 2015. Development Impact Assessment (DIA) Case Study: South Africa. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-61757.
Miller, M. and S. Cox. 2014. Overview of Variable Renewable Energy Regulatory Issues: A Clean Energy Regulators Initiative Report. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-61350.
Cox, S., J. Katz, and L. Wurtenberger. 2014. Assessing Development Impacts Associated with Low Emission Development Strategies: Lessons Learned from Pilot Efforts in Kenya and Montenegro. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-58391.
Cowlin, S., J. Cochran, S. Cox, C. Davison, Y. van der Gaast. 2012. Broadening the Appeal of Marginal Abatement Cost Curves: Capturing Both Carbon Mitigation and Development Benefits of Clean Energy Technologies; Preprint. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-6A20-54487.
Benioff, R., J. Cochran, and S. Cox. 2012. International Experiences and Frameworks to Support Country-Driven Low-Emissions Development. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-6A20-52860.
Cox, S. and R. Benioff. 2011. International Assistance for Low-Emissions Development Planning: Coordinated Low Emissions Assistance Network (CLEAN) Inventory of Activities and Tools - Preliminary Trends. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A00-49972.
Cochran, J., S. Cox, R. Benioff, H. de Coninck, and L. Wuertenberger. 2010. "An Exploration of Options and Functions of Climate Technology Centres and Networks." United Nations Environment Programme.
Cox, S. 2010. International Clean Energy Analysis Gateway: Assisting Developing Countries with Clean Energy Deployment (Fact Sheet). Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/FS-6A2-47237; DOE/GO-102010-2957.
Cox, S. 2010. U.S. OpenLabs: Promoting Clean Energy Development Through Access to Tools, Data, and Expertise Across U.S. National Laboratories (Fact Sheet). Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/FS-6A2-47238; DOE/GO-102010-2958.
Full list of Sadie Cox publications (NREL)