Rebecca Hanes is a member of the Technology Systems & Sustainability Analysis in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Modeling and Analysis Engineer
On staff since July 2015
Phone number: 303-275-4397
Areas of expertise
- Supply chain and life cycle inventory modeling
- System dynamics modeling
- Economic and environmentally extended input-output analysis
- Design and optimization of industrial processes and their life cycles
Primary research interests
- Impact of next-generation technologies on energy use and emissions in industrial supply chains
- Investor decision-making around bioproduct development and manufacturing
- Air quality impacts of biomass feedstock production
- Co-optimization of industrial processes and ecosystems to achieve absolute sustainability
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2015
- M.S. in chemical engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2014
- M.S. in applied statistics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2013
- B.S. in chemical engineering with a minor in mathematics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2010
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Member, International Society for Industrial Ecology
Hanes, Rebecca J. "Multidisciplinary modeling for sustainable engineering design and assessment." Doctoral dissertation, The Ohio State University, 2015.
Hanes, Rebecca J. and Bhavik R. Bakshi. "Sustainable process design by the process to planet framework." AIChE Journal (2015). Accepted. DOI: 10.1002/aic.14918.
Hanes, Rebecca J. and Bhavik R. Bakshi. "Process to planet: A multiscale modeling framework toward sustainable engineering." AIChE Journal (2015). Accepted. DOI: 10.1002/aic.14919.
Hanes, Rebecca J. and Bhavik R. Bakshi. "An Integrated Multiscale Modeling Framework for Sustainable Process Design Applications." Sustainability of Products, Processes and Supply Chains: Theory and Applications. Fenqi You, ed. (2015): 585-604.
Hanes, Rebecca J., Nathan B. Cruze, Prem K. Goel, and Bhavik R. Bakshi. "Allocation Games: Addressing the Ill-Posed Nature of Allocation in Life-Cycle Inventories." Environmental Science & Technology 49.13 (2015): 7996-8003.
Hanes, Rebecca, Bhavik R. Bakshi, and Prem K. Goel. "The use of regression in streamlined life cycle assessment." Paper presented at International Symposium on Sustainable Systems and Technologies, Cincinnati, OH, 2013.
Full list of Rebecca Hanes publications (NREL)