Ran Fu is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since June 2013
Phone number: 303-384-7522
Areas of expertise
- Manufacturing economics and technology strategic roadmap
- Techno-economic analysis for supporting R&D decision making
- Value chain analysis and market forecasting
Primary research interests
- Cost modeling for manufacturing and installation process
- Utility-scale, commercial, and residential solar project costs and finance
- Behavior of supply, demand, and prices in materials markets
- Commercialization and business venture development
- Value proposition for the emerging technologies
Education and background training
- M.S. in civil engineering, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2010
- B.S. in civil engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 2008
Prior work experience
- Project Engineer, Array Technologies. Inc., Albuquerque, NM (2010-2013)
Davidson, C.; James, T. L.; Margolis, R.; Fu, R.; Feldman, D. (2014). U.S. Residential Photovoltaic (PV) System Prices, Q4 2013 Benchmarks: Cash Purchase, Fair Market Value, and Prepaid Lease Transaction Prices. 35 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-62671.
Feldman, D.; Barbose, G.; Margolis, R.; James, T.; Weaver, S.; Darghouth, N.; Fu, R.; Davidson, C.; Booth, S.; Wiser, R. (2014). Photovoltaic System Pricing Trends: Historical, Recent, and Near-Term Projections. 2014 Edition (Presentation). Sunshot, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). 32 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-62558.
Full list of Ran Fu publications (NREL)
Basketball, guitar and snowboarding