Paul Schwabe is the Financial Analysis Team Lead in the Market & Policy Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy and Financial Analyst
On staff since August 2008
Phone number: 303-384-7468
Areas of expertise
- Electricity market financial analysis
- Natural gas volume and revenue forecasting
- Energy efficiency and conservation, including electric and natural gas rate decoupling
Primary research interests
- Market penetration and financial incentives
- Statistical modeling and data analysis
Education and background training
- M.S. in applied economics and finance, University of California at Santa Cruz, 2002
- B.A. in economics, University of California at Santa Cruz, 2001
Prior work experience
- Senior Analyst, Consolidated Edison Inc., Volume and Revenue Forecasting New York, NY (2007-2008)
- Senior Associate, Quantum Consulting (Acquired by Itron 2006), Energy Efficiency Consulting Firm. Oakland, CA (2005-2006)
- Economic Research Associate II, Federal Reserve Bank, Economic Research Department. San Francisco, CA (2002-2005)
Speer, B., R. Economy, T. Lowder, P. Schwabe, and S. Regenthal. 2014. Geothermal Exploration Policy Mechanisms: Lessons for the United States from International Applications. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-61477.
Kreycik, C., L. Bird, P. Schwabe, and K. Cory. 2012. Impact of Financial Structure on the Cost of Solar Energy. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-53086.
Schwabe, P., M. Mendelsohn, F. Mormann, and D.J. Arent, 2012. Mobilizing Public Markets to Finance Renewable Energy Projects: Insights from Expert Stakeholders. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-55021.
Schwabe, P., S. Lensink, and M. Hand. 2011. IEA Wind Task 26 - Multi-national Case Study of the Financial Cost of Wind Energy; Work Package 1 Final Report. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-48155.
Cory, K. and P. Schwabe. 2009. Wind Levelized Cost of Energy: A Comparison of Technical and Financing Input Variables. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-46671.
Schwabe, P., K. Cory, and J. Newcomb. 2009. Renewable Energy Project Financing: Impacts of the Financial Crisis and Federal Legislation. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-44930.
Full list of Paul Schwabe publications (NREL)