Paul Schwabe is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy and Financial Analyst
On staff since August 2008
Phone number: 303-384-7468
Areas of expertise
- Electricity market financial analysis
- Natural gas volume and revenue forecasting
- Energy efficiency and conservation, including electric and natural gas rate decoupling
Primary research interests
- Market penetration and financial incentives
- Statistical modeling and data analysis
Education and background training
- M.S. in applied economics and finance, University of California at Santa Cruz, 2002
- B.A. in economics, University of California at Santa Cruz, 2001
Prior work experience
- Senior Analyst, Consolidated Edison Inc., Volume and Revenue Forecasting New York, NY (2007-2008)
- Senior Associate, Quantum Consulting (Acquired by Itron 2006), Energy Efficiency Consulting Firm. Oakland, CA (2005-2006)
- Economic Research Associate II, Federal Reserve Bank, Economic Research Department. San Francisco, CA (2002-2005)
Speer, B.; Economy, R.; Lowder, T.; Schwabe, P.; Regenthal, S. (2014). Geothermal Exploration Policy Mechanisms: Lessons for the United States from International Applications. 64 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-61477.
Mendelsohn, M.; Kreycik, C.; Bird, L.; Schwabe, P.; Cory, K. (2012). Impact of Financial Structure on the Cost of Solar Energy. 40 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53086.
Schwabe, P.; Mendelsohn, M.; Mormann, F.; Arent, D. J. (2012). Mobilizing Public Markets to Finance Renewable Energy Projects: Insights from Expert Stakeholders. 17 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-55021.
Schwabe, P.; Lensink, S.; Hand, M. (2011). IEA Wind Task 26 - Multi-national Case Study of the Financial Cost of Wind Energy; Work Package 1 Final Report. 122 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-48155.
Cory, K.; Schwabe, P. (2009). Wind Levelized Cost of Energy: A Comparison of Technical and Financing Input Variables. 34 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-46671.
Schwabe, P.; Cory, K.; Newcomb, J. (2009). Renewable Energy Project Financing: Impacts of the Financial Crisis and Federal Legislation. 27 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-44930.
Full list of Paul Schwabe publications (NREL)