Monisha Shah is a member of the Washington D.C. Office in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst
Phone number: 202-488-2229
Areas of expertise
- Energy, environmental, and economic modeling and analysis
- Benefits analysis (environmental, economic, health)
- Strategic analysis, program development and management, international capacity building
Primary research interests
- International and domestic climate change policy
- Intersections between energy, environment, and economics
- The impact of climate change and energy policy design on the deployment of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Strategies to mitigate both GHGs and local emissions and further economic development in China and other developing countries
Education and background training
- M.S.E. in environmental engineering (systems analysis for public decision-making), Johns Hopkins University, 2004
- B.S.E. in chemical engineering, University of Iowa, 2000
- B.S. in economics, University of Iowa, 2000
Prior work experience
- Research Associate, The Brattle Group, Washington, DC. (2004-2005)
- Economist, U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration, Washington, DC. (2000-2004)
Selected publications and websites
Logan, J., P. Sullivan, W. Short, L. Bird, T.L. James, and M.R. Shah. 2009. Evaluating a Proposed 20% National Renewable Portfolio Standard. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-45161.
Shah, M. and L. Bird. "Federal RPS Bill Comparison." Paper presented at National Conference of State Legislatures 2009 Spring Forum, Washington, D.C., April 2009.
Shah, M., R. Margolis, and C.M. Frisch. "Impacts of US Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Laws, Initiatives and R&D Investments on US CO2 Emissions." Paper presented at EUEC 2009, Phoenix, AZ, February 2009.
Shah, M. and S. Guttikunda. "GHG and Air Pollution Co-benefits Analysis to Support Decision Making in Hyderabad, India." Paper presented at American Geophysical Union Conference, San Francisco, CA, December 2008.
Basheda, G. with J. Baka, D. Azari, and M. Shah. 2004. Survey of Transmission Siting Practices in the
Midwest. Prepared by The Brattle Group for Edison Electric Institute, November.
Lillis, K. and M. Shah. 2003. International Energy Outlook 2003: Electricity. Energy Information Administration, DOE/EIA-0484(2003).
Shah, M. Book Review, Georgetown Public Policy Review. Corporate Power and the Environment 8, no. 2 (Spring 2003).
Lillis, K. and M. Shah. 2002. International Energy Outlook 2002: Electricity. Washington, D.C.: Energy Information Administration. DOE/EIA-0484(2002).
Full list of Monisha Shah publications (NREL)