Michael Mendelsohn is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Financial Analyst
On staff since February 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7363
Areas of expertise
- Renewable energy financing
- Loan Guarantee program
- Treasury Grant program
- Utility-scale solar development
- Electric vehicle deployment and cost-effectiveness
Primary research interests
- Improving government incentives to stimulate RE development
- Costs and benefits of wide-scale EV deployment
- Comparison of international incentives
- Distributed storage
Education and background training
- M.S. in energy management and policy, U. Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990
- B.A. in computer science, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, 1987
- Certificate in finance, Suffolk University, Boston, MA, 2000
Prior work experience
- Senior Energy Analyst, Western Resource Advocates, Boulder, CO
- Senior Consultant, Levitan & Associates, Inc., Boston, MA
- Economist III, MA Department of Public Utilities, Boston, MA
Neubauer, J.; Ahmad, P.; Brooker, A.; Wood, E.; Smith, K.; Johnson, C.; Mendelsohn, M. (2012). Applying the Battery Ownership Model in Pursuit of Optimal Battery Use Strategies (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 22 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-5400-54424.
Mendelsohn, M.; Lowder, T.; Canavan, B. (2012). Utility-Scale Concentrating Solar Power and Photovoltaic Projects: A Technology and Market Overview. 65 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-51137.
Schwabe, P.; Mendelsohn, M.; Mormann, F.; Arent, D. J. (2012). Mobilizing Public Markets to Finance Renewable Energy Projects: Insights from Expert Stakeholders. 17 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-55021.
Mendelsohn, M.; Harper, J. (2012). Section 1603 Treasury Grant Expiration: Industry Insight on Financing and Market Implications. 41 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53720.
Mendelsohn, M.; Kreycik, C.; Bird, L.; Schwabe, P.; Cory, K. (2012). Impact of Financial Structure on the Cost of Solar Energy. 40 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53086.
Full list of Michael Mendelsohn publications (NREL)
Cycling, hiking, rock climbing