Mackay Miller is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Technology Innovation Analyst
On staff since January 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7536
Areas of expertise
- Quantitative social network analysis of innovation pathways
- Financial analysis and modeling
Primary research interests
- Domestic and International RD&D collaboration
- Public-private networks of technology commercialization
- Policy frameworks to accelerate innovation
Education and background training
- M.B.A. in finance, University of Colorado, 2010
- B.A. in international relations, Brown University, 2001
Prior work experience
- Operations Analysis Intern, Tendril Networks (2008-2009)
- Education Reform Facilitator, Providence (RI) Public Schools (2006-2008)
- Director of High School Academic Outreach, Brown University (2002-2006)
Drury, E.; Miller, M.; Macal, C. M.; Graziano, D. J.; Heimiller, D.; Ozik, J.; Perry, T. D. (2012). Transformation of Southern California's Residential Photovoltaics Market Through Third-Party Ownership. Energy Policy. Vol. 42, March 2012; pp. 681-690; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-51514. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.12.047
Miller, M. (2012). Role of Smarter Grids in Variable Renewable Resource Integration (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 6 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-55090.
Miller, M.; Voss, P.; Warren, A.; Baring-Gould, I.; Conrad, M. (2012). Strategies for International Cooperation in Support of Energy Development in Pacific Island Nations. 45 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53188.
Perry, T. D., IV; Miller, M.; Fleming, L.; Younge, K.; Newcomb, J. (2011). Clean Energy Innovation: Sources of Technical and Commercial Breakthroughs. 45 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-50624.
Friedman, B.; Miller, M. (2009). Green Pricing Program Marketing Expenditures: Finding the Right Balance. 39 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-46449.
Full list of Mackay Miller publications (NREL)