Margaret Mann is the group manager of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 1993
Phone number: 303-275-2921
Areas of expertise
- Technical and economic feasibility analysis
- Environmental analysis
- Strategic planning for market development
Primary research interests
- Life cycle assessment of renewable energy and conventional technologies
- Public/private sector technical support
- Evaluation of technical, policy, and programmatic benefits
Education and background training
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, 1993
Prior work experience
- Process Engineer, Golden Technologies Corporation (1991-1993)
- Undergraduate Research Associate, National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) (1989-1991)
- Executive Board, American Center for Life Cycle Assessment, 2004-present
- Advisory member of the North American Life Cycle Inventory Database Project
- Member, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Heath, G. A. and M. K. Mann 2012. "Background and Reflections on the Life Cycle Assessment Harmonization Project." Journal of Industrial Ecology 16 (Supplement 1) (April 2012): S8-S11. NREL/JA-6A20-54177. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00478.x
Milbrandt, A. and M. Mann. 2009. Hydrogen Resource Assessment: Hydrogen Potential from Coal, Natural Gas, Nuclear, and Hydro Power. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-42773.
Levene, J.I.; M.K. Mann, R. Margolis, and A. Milbrandt. 2005. Analysis of Hydrogen Production from Renewable Electricity Sources: Preprint. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-560-37612.
Curran, M.A., M. Mann, and G. Norris. 2005. "International Workshop on Electricity Data for Life Cycle Inventories." Journal of Cleaner Production 13, no. 8 (June 2005): 853-862. NREL/JA-560-38656. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2002.03.001
Heller, M.C., G.A. Keoleian, M.K. Mann, and T.A. Volk. 2004. "Life Cycle Energy and Environmental Benefits of Generating Electricity from Willow Biomass." Renewable Energy 29, no. 7 (2004): 1023-1042. NREL/JA-510-36459. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2003.11.018
Spath, P. L. and M.K. Mann. 2004. Biomass Power and Conventional Fossil Systems with and without CO2 Sequestration &madash; Comparing the Energy Balance, Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Economics. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-510-32575.
Full list of Margaret Mann publications (NREL)