Margaret Mann is the group manager of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 1993
Phone number: 303-275-2921
Areas of expertise
- Technical and economic feasibility analysis
- Environmental analysis
- Strategic planning for market development
Primary research interests
- Life cycle assessment of renewable energy and conventional technologies
- Public/private sector technical support
- Evaluation of technical, policy, and programmatic benefits
Education and background training
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, 1993
Prior work experience
- Process Engineer, Golden Technologies Corporation (1991-1993)
- Undergraduate Research Associate, National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) (1989-1991)
- Executive Board, American Center for Life Cycle Assessment, 2004-present
- Advisory member of the North American Life Cycle Inventory Database Project
- Member, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Mann, M. 2015. Biomass Resource Demand Characterization Study: Cooperative Research and Development Final Report. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. CRADA Number CRD-11-436. NREL/TP-6A20-63753
Cowlin, S., D. Heimiller, J. Macknick, M. Mann, J. Pless, and D. Munoz. 2014. Multi-Metric Sustainability Analysis. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A50-61719.
Heath, G. A. and M. K. Mann 2012. "Background and Reflections on the Life Cycle Assessment Harmonization Project." Journal of Industrial Ecology 16 (Supplement 1) (April 2012): S8-S11. NREL/JA-6A20-54177. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00478.x
Milbrandt, A. and M. Mann. 2009. Hydrogen Resource Assessment: Hydrogen Potential from Coal, Natural Gas, Nuclear, and Hydro Power. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-42773.
Levene, J.I.; M.K. Mann, R. Margolis, and A. Milbrandt. 2005. Analysis of Hydrogen Production from Renewable Electricity Sources: Preprint. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-560-37612.
Curran, M.A., M. Mann, and G. Norris. 2005. "International Workshop on Electricity Data for Life Cycle Inventories." Journal of Cleaner Production 13, no. 8 (June 2005): 853-862. NREL/JA-560-38656. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2002.03.001
Heller, M.C., G.A. Keoleian, M.K. Mann, and T.A. Volk. 2004. "Life Cycle Energy and Environmental Benefits of Generating Electricity from Willow Biomass." Renewable Energy 29, no. 7 (2004): 1023-1042. NREL/JA-510-36459. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2003.11.018
Spath, P. L. and M.K. Mann. 2004. Biomass Power and Conventional Fossil Systems with and without CO2 Sequestration &madash; Comparing the Energy Balance, Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Economics. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-510-32575.
Full list of Margaret Mann publications (NREL)