Margaret Mann is the group manager of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 1993
Phone number: 303-275-2921
Areas of expertise
- Technical and economic feasibility analysis
- Environmental analysis
- Strategic planning for market development
Primary research interests
- Life cycle assessment of renewable energy and conventional technologies
- Public/private sector technical support
- Evaluation of technical, policy, and programmatic benefits
Education and background training
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, 1993
Prior work experience
- Process Engineer, Golden Technologies Corporation (1991-1993)
- Undergraduate Research Associate, National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) (1989-1991)
- Executive Board, American Center for Life Cycle Assessment, 2004-present
- Advisory member of the North American Life Cycle Inventory Database Project
- Member, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Heath, G. A.; Mann, M. K. (2012). "Background and Reflections on the Life Cycle Assessment Harmonization Project." Journal of Industrial Ecology. Vol. 16 (Supplement 1), April 2012; pp. S8-S11; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-54177. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00478.x
Milbrandt, A.; Mann, M. (2009). Hydrogen Resource Assessment: Hydrogen Potential from Coal, Natural Gas, Nuclear, and Hydro Power. 30 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-42773.
Levene, J. I.; Mann, M. K.; Margolis, R.; Milbrandt, A. (2005). Analysis of Hydrogen Production from Renewable Electricity Sources: Preprint. 9 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-560-37612.
Curran, M. A.; Mann, M.; Norris, G. (2005). "International Workshop on Electricity Data for Life Cycle Inventories." Journal of Cleaner Production. Vol. 13(8), June 2005; pp. 853-862; NREL Report No. JA-560-38656. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2002.03.001
Heller, M. C.; Keoleian, G. A.; Mann, M. K.; Volk, T. A. (2004). "Life Cycle Energy and Environmental Benefits of Generating Electricity from Willow Biomass." Renewable Energy. Vol. 29(7), 2004; pp. 1023-1042; NREL Report No. JA-510-36459. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2003.11.018
Spath, P. L.; Mann, M. K. (2004). Biomass Power and Conventional Fossil Systems with and without CO2 Sequestration &madash; Comparing the Energy Balance, Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Economics. 38 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-510-32575.
Full list of Margaret Mann publications (NREL)