Lori Bird is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since early 1999
Phone number: 303-384-7412
Areas of expertise
- Market analysis
- Policy analysis
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy and carbon markets
- Renewable energy policy
- Interplay of emissions and renewables policies
Education and background training
- M.E.S. in environmental management, 1997, Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Management
- B.A. in economics and environmental studies, 1991, Indiana University
Prior work experience
- Contractor, U.S. Department of Energy, Denver Regional Support Office, Golden, Colorado (1997-1998)
- Hagler Bailly Consulting, Boulder, Colorado (1991-1995)
- Member of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
- Member of the Colorado Renewable Energy Society
- Member of Environmental Markets Association
Bird, L.; Cochran, J.; Wang, X. (2014). Wind and Solar Energy Curtailment: Experience and Practices in the United States. 58 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-60983.
Heeter, J.; Gelman, R.; Bird, L. (2014). Status of Net Metering: Assessing the Potential to Reach Program Caps. 46 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-61858.
Bird, L.; Milligan, M.; Lew, D. (2013). Integrating Variable Renewable Energy: Challenges and Solutions. 14 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-60451
Cochran, J.; Bird, L.; Heeter, J.; Arent, D. J. (2012). Integrating Variable Renewable Energy in Electric Power Markets: Best Practices from International Experience, Summary for Policymakers. 20 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53730.
Bird, L.; Milligan, M. (2012). Lessons from Large-Scale Renewable Energy Integration Studies: Preprint. 9 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-6A20-54666.
Bird, L.; Sumner, J. (2011). Using Renewable Energy Purchases to Achieve Institutional Carbon Goals: A Review of Current Practices and Considerations. 44 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-49938.
Bird, L.; Chapman, C.; Logan, J.; Sumner, J.; Short, W. (2011). Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector. Energy Policy. Vol. 39(5), May 2011; pp. 2573-2585; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-50749. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.02.025
Full list of Lori Bird publications (NREL)
Ultimate Frisbee, skiing, mountain biking, hiking