Kelsey A. W. Horowitz
Kelsey A. W. Horowitz is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Solar Manufacturing Costs and Competitiveness Analyst
On staff since May 2014
Phone number: 303-275-4347
Areas of expertise
- Techno-economic analysis of solar technologies
- Solar PV engineering and fundamentals
- Manufacturing cost models and cost reduction roadmaps
- International issues in renewable energy
Primary research interests
- Solar PV manufacturing costs
- Solar tech-to-market challenges
Education and background training
- M.S. in electrical engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, 2014
- B.S./M.S. in electrical engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, CO, 2011
Horowitz, K.A.W.; Woodhouse, M.; Lee, H.; and Smestad, G.P. (2015). A bottom-up cost analysis of a high concentration PV module. Presented at 11th International Conference on Concentrator Photovoltaic Systems: CPV-11. AIP Conf. Proc. 1679 (100001), 13–15 April 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4931548
Powell, D. M.; Fu, R.; Horowitz, K.; Basore, P. A.; Woodhouse, M.; and Buonassisi, T. (2015). The capital intensity of photovoltaics manufacturing: barrier to scale and opportunity for innovation. Energy Environment Science. Published online 07 Sep 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C5EE01509J
Philipps, S. P.; Bett, A. W.; Horowitz, K.; Kurtz, S. (2015). Current Status of Concentrator Photovoltaic (CPV) Technology. 24 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-63196.
Horowitz, K.; Woodhouse, M.; Lee, H.; Smestad, G. (2015). A Bottom-Up Cost Analysis of a High Concentration PV Module (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 59 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-63947.
Full list of Kelsey Horowitz publications (NREL)