Keith Searight is the group manager of the Data Analysis and Visualization Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since October 2012
Phone number: 303-275-4307
Areas of expertise
- Software development management and best practices
- Technical program management
- Geographic information systems
- Tech transfer from research to operations
Primary research interests
- Geospatial analysis and applications
- Data management and visualization
Education and background training
- Graduate Certificate in geographic information systems, University of Colorado at Denver, 2009
- M.S. in computer science, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1990
- M.S. in geophysics, Stanford University, 1985
- B.S. in computer science, University of Tulsa, 1982
- B.S. in geosciences, University of Tulsa, 1982
Prior work experience
- Software Engineering/Project Leader, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO (2008-12)
- Software Development Manager, Pitney Bowes Business Insight, Boulder, CO (2004-08)
- Software Development Manager, Chroma Energy, Boulder, CO (1999-2004)
- Senior Software Engineer / Geophysicist, RC Squared Inc., Englewood, CO (1998-99)
- Software Engineer, CogniSeis Development, Boulder, CO (1996-98)
- Staff Geophysicist, Landmark Graphics, Englewood, CO (1995-96)
- Professional Research Assistant, NOAA/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center, Boulder, CO (1994-95)
- Research Programmer, University of Illinois, Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences, Urbana, IL (1991-94)
- Geophysicist, Union Pacific Resources, Englewood, CO and Ft. Worth, TX (1985-91)
- Geophysicist, ARCO Exploration, Plano, TX (1983-84)
Selected publications and websites
Delle Monache, L., F.A. Eckel, J. Nissen, S.E. Haupt, D. Rife, B. Nagarajan, and K. Searight. (2012). "Probabilistic Power Predictions based on the Analog Ensemble." World Renewable Energy Forum, Denver, CO.
Searight, K. R., H. Soh, H. H. Fisher, and J. C. Knievel. (2012). "Integration of the Interactive Data Viewer Into An Operational Weather Forecasting System." 28th International Conf. on Interactive Information and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology. Amer. Meteor. Soc., New Orleans, LA, Poster 10.
Searight, K. R., J. C. Knievel, C. Borst, J. Exby, H. H. Fisher, R. Ruttenberg, J. C. Pace, S. F. Halvorson, and F. W. Gallagher. (2012). "Consolidating Distributed Operational NWP Models into Centralized HPCs: a Case Study." 28th International Conf. on Interactive Information and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology. Amer. Meteor. Soc., New Orleans, LA, Paper 10A.2.
Searight, K. R., D. J. Logan, F. J. Bourland II, C. J. Loher, and B. R. Charlton. (2010). "Reverse Geocoding System Using Combined Street Segment and Point Datasets." U.S. Patent 7,668,651, filed Dec. 12, 2006, and issued Feb. 23, 2010.
Cartin, K. F., B. R. Charlton, F. J. Bourland II, D. J. Logan, K.R. Searight, and C. J. Loher. (2010). "Method for Assignment of Point Level Address Geocodes to Street Networks." U.S. Patent 7,836,047, filed Dec. 11, 2007, and issued Nov. 16, 2010.
Mock, D. R., S. Hankin, C. B. Baker, J. Davison, and K. R. Searight. (1996). "The Cooperative Ocean-Atmosphere Research Data Service (COARDS): A virtual data center on the World Wide Web." Preprints, 12th International Conf. on Interactive Information and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology. Amer. Meteor. Soc., Atlanta, GA, 393–396.
Searight, K. R., D. P. Wojtowicz, J. E. Walsh, S. Pathi, K. P. Bowman, and R. B. Wilhelmson. (1995). Envision: an interactive system for the management and visualization of large geophysical data sets. In Visualization Techniques in Space and Atmospheric Sciences, NASA Publication SP-519, eds. E.P. Szuszczewicz and J. Bredekamp, Washington, DC, 233–241.
Family activities, spectator sports, traveling, genealogy research.