Kathleen Nawaz is a Senior Advisor for the Strategic Energy Analysis Center at the Washington D.C. Office.
On staff since 2001
Phone number: 202-488-2218
Areas of expertise
- Global climate change and renewable energy
- Co-benefits/development impact analysis
- Low carbon transportation
Primary research interests
- Low emissions development planning and analysis
- Energy and international development
Education and background training
- M.E.M in environmental management, Duke University
- B.A. in environmental studies/geology, Franklin & Marshall College, 1979
Prior work experience
- Supervisor, Strategic Energy Analysis, NREL, Washington D.C.
- Senior Project Leader, NREL, Washington D.C.
- Manager of Business Operations, Echo Technologies, Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- Project Manager, L-3 Communications Titan Group, Tysons Corner, Va.
- Member of the Technical Staff, Aerospace Corporation, Washington, D.C.
- Market Researcher, Business Communications Company, Stamford, Conn.
- Research Assistant, Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin, Ireland
Selected publications and websites
Cox, S., K. Nawaz, and D. Sandor. 2015. Development Impact Assessment (DIA) Case Study: South Africa. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-61757