Karlynn Cory is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst
On staff since August 2005
Phone number: 303-384-7464
Areas of expertise
- Renewable energy project finance of commercially available technologies (e.g., 3rd party PPAs and leases, sales leaseback, flip structures, etc.)
- Policy and market innovations to support RE project finance (e.g., Feed-in tariffs, PACE, etc.)
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy project finance of commercially available technologies
- Policy and market innovations to support RE project finance
- RE project finance structures, by end user type (state/local govt., residential, commercial, industrial and federal agency)
- Intersection between REC/"green tag" markets and electricity markets
- Renewable policy best practices
Education and background training
- Master's in technology and policy, 1998, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering, 1994, Tufts University
Prior work experience
- Strategy and business development manager, Mass Technology Collaborative, Westborough, Mass. (2003-2005)
- Renewable energy specialist, La Capra Associates, Boston, Mass. (1999-2003)
- Research associate, Tellus Institute, Boston, Mass. (1998-1999)
- Research analyst, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), various locations (1994-1996)
Cory, K., B. Canavan, R. Koenig. (2009). Power Purchase Agreement Checklist for State and Local Governments. Energy Analysis; Fact Sheet Series on Financing Renewable Energy Projects, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). 12 pp.; NREL Report No. FS-6A2-46668.
Cory, K., J. Coughlin, C. Coggeshall. (2008). Solar Photovoltaic Financing: Deployment on Public Property by State and Local Governments. 72 pp. NREL Report No. TP-670-43115.
Cory, K., J. Coughlin, T. Jenkin, J. Pater, B. Swezey. (2008). Innovations in Wind and Solar PV Financing. 39 pp. NREL Report No. TP-670-42919.
Cory, K. S., B. Swezey. (2007). "Renewable Portfolio Standards in the States: Balancing Goals and Rules." Electricity Journal. Vol. 40(4), May 2007, pp. 21-32. NREL Report No. JA-640-41876.
Cory, K.S., N. Bolgen, and B.J. Sheingold. (2004). Long-Term Revenue Support To Help Developers Secure Project Financing. Paper presented at Global WINDPOWER 2004 Conference and Exhibition, Chicago, Illinois, March 28-31, 2004. (PDF 214 KB)
Smith, D.C., K.S. Cory, R.C. Grace, and R. Wiser. (2000). Massachusetts Renewable Portfolio Standard: Cost Analysis Report, December. (PDF 409 KB)
Full list of Karlynn Cory publications (NREL)
Hiking, tennis, travel, great food and wine