Jordan Macknick is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy and Environmental Analyst
On staff since September 2009
Phone number: 303-275-3828
Areas of expertise
- Renewable energy technological characterizations
- Database development
- Policy analysis
Primary research interests
- Interface of energy and water in policy planning
- Environmental impacts of renewable energy technologies
- Renewable energy deployment in developing countries
Education and background training
- M.E.Sc. in transboundary natural resource policy, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, New Haven, CT, 2009
- B.A. in mathematics and environmental studies, Hamline University, St. Paul, MN, 2005
Prior work experience
- Research Associate, International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Vienna, Austria (2009)
- Research Assistant, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, (2007-2009)
- Community Wind Specialist Intern, Windustry, Minneapolis, MN, (2007)
- Assistant Managing Director, EcoFacilitation Ltd., Deventer, The Netherlands (2005-2006)
Macknick, J. (2012). Water Impacts of the Electricity Sector (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 14 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-55028.
Newmark, R.; Macknick, J.; Heath, G.; Ong, S.; Denholm, P.; Marglis, R.; Roberts, B. (2012). Implications of Future Energy Choices in the Energy-Water-Land Nexus (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 19 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-54951.
Logan, J.; Heath, G.; Macknick, J.; Paranhos, E.; Boyd, W.; Carlson, K. (2012). Natural Gas and the Transformation of the U.S. Energy Sector: Electricity. 255 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A50-55538.
Sattler, S.; Macknick, J.; Yates, D.; Flores-Lopez, F.; Lopez, A.; Rogers, J. (2012). Linking Electricity and Water Models to Assess Electricity Choices at Water-Relevant Scales. Article No. 045804. Environmental Research Letters. Vol. 7(4), October-December 2012; 8 pp.; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-56242. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/045804
Macknick, J.; Sattler, S.; Averyt, K.; Clemmer, S.; Rogers, J. (2012). Water Implications of Generating Electricity: Water Use Across the United States Based on Different Electricity Pathways through 2050. Article No. 045803. Environmental Research Letters. Vol. 7(4), October-December 2012; 10 pp.; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-56211. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/045803
Macknick, J.; Newmark, R.; Heath, G.; Hallett, K. C. (2011). Review of Operational Water Consumption and Withdrawal Factors for Electricity Generating Technologies. 29 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-50900. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/045802
Averyt , K.; Fisher, J.; Huber-Lee, A.; Lewis, A.; Macknick, J.; Madden, N.; Rogers, J.; Tellinghuisen, S. (2011). Freshwater Use by U.S. Power Plants: Electricity's Thirst for a Precious Resource; A Report of the Energy and Water in a Warming World Initiative. Cambridge, MA: Union of Concerned Scientists 62 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53273.
Full list of Jordan Macknick publications (NREL)
Cooking, composting, hiking, biking