Jordan Macknick is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy and Environmental Analyst
On staff since September 2009
Phone number: 303-275-3828
Areas of expertise
- Renewable energy technological characterizations
- Database development
- Policy analysis
Primary research interests
- Interface of energy and water in policy planning
- Environmental impacts of renewable energy technologies
- Renewable energy deployment in developing countries
Education and background training
- M.E.Sc. in transboundary natural resource policy, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, New Haven, CT, 2009
- B.A. in mathematics and environmental studies, Hamline University, St. Paul, MN, 2005
Prior work experience
- Research Associate, International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Vienna, Austria (2009)
- Research Assistant, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, (2007-2009)
- Community Wind Specialist Intern, Windustry, Minneapolis, MN, (2007)
- Assistant Managing Director, EcoFacilitation Ltd., Deventer, The Netherlands (2005-2006)
Macknick, J. 2012. Water Impacts of the Electricity Sector. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/PR-6A20-55028.
Newmark, R., J. Macknick, G. Heath, S. Ong, P. Denholm, R. Marglis, and B. Roberts. 2012. Implications of Future Energy Choices in the Energy-Water-Land Nexus. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/PR-6A20-54951.
Logan, J., G. Heath, J. Macknick, E. Paranhos, W. Boyd, and K. Carlson. 2012. Natural Gas and the Transformation of the U.S. Energy Sector: Electricity. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A50-55538.
Sattler, S., J. Macknick, D. Yates, F. Flores-Lopez, A. Lopez, and J. Rogers. "Linking Electricity and Water Models to Assess Electricity Choices at Water-Relevant Scales." Environmental Research Letters 7, no. 4 (October-December 2012). NREL Report No. JA-6A20-56242. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/045804
Macknick, J., S. Sattler, K. Averyt, S. Clemmer, and J. Rogers. "Water Implications of Generating Electricity: Water Use Across the United States Based on Different Electricity Pathways through 2050." Environmental Research Letters 7, no. 4 (October-December 2012). NREL/A-6A20-56211. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/045803
Macknick, J., R. Newmark, G. Heath, K.C. Hallett. 2011. Review of Operational Water Consumption and Withdrawal Factors for Electricity Generating Technologies. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-50900. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/045802
Averyt, K., J. Fisher, A. Huber-Lee, A. Lewis, J. Macknick, N. Madden, J. Rogers, and S. Tellinghuisen. 2011. Freshwater Use by U.S. Power Plants: Electricity's Thirst for a Precious Resource; A Report of the Energy and Water in a Warming World Initiative. Cambridge, MA: Union of Concerned Scientists. NREL/TP-6A20-53273.
Full list of Jordan Macknick publications (NREL)
Cooking, composting, hiking, biking