Jordan Macknick is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy and Environmental Analyst
On staff since September 2009
Phone number: 303-275-3828
Areas of expertise
- Renewable energy technological characterizations
- Database development
- Policy analysis
Primary research interests
- Interface of energy and water in policy planning
- Environmental impacts of renewable energy technologies
- Renewable energy deployment in developing countries
Education and background training
- M.E.Sc. in transboundary natural resource policy, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, New Haven, CT, 2009
- B.A. in mathematics and environmental studies, Hamline University, St. Paul, MN, 2005
Prior work experience
- Research Associate, International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Vienna, Austria (2009)
- Research Assistant, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, (2007-2009)
- Community Wind Specialist Intern, Windustry, Minneapolis, MN, (2007)
- Assistant Managing Director, EcoFacilitation Ltd., Deventer, The Netherlands (2005-2006)
Macknick, J. (2012). Water Impacts of the Electricity Sector (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 14 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-55028.
Newmark, R.; Macknick, J.; Heath, G.; Ong, S.; Denholm, P.; Marglis, R.; Roberts, B. (2012). Implications of Future Energy Choices in the Energy-Water-Land Nexus (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 19 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-54951.
Macknick, J.; Newmark, R.; Heath, G.; Hallett, K. C. (2011). Review of Operational Water Consumption and Withdrawal Factors for Electricity Generating Technologies. 29 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-50900.
Averyt , K.; Fisher, J.; Huber-Lee, A.; Lewis, A.; Macknick, J.; Madden, N.; Rogers, J.; Tellinghuisen, S. (2011). Freshwater Use by U.S. Power Plants: Electricity's Thirst for a Precious Resource; A Report of the Energy and Water in a Warming World Initiative. Cambridge, MA: Union of Concerned Scientists 62 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53273.
Full list of Jordan Macknick publications (NREL)
Cooking, composting, hiking, biking