Jenny Sumner is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Market Transformation and Policy Analyst
On staff since August 2009
Phone number: 303-275-4366
- Market analysis
- Policy analysis
- Utility regulation and analysis
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy policy
- Renewable energy and carbon markets
Education and background training
- M.P.A. in environmental policy and natural resource management, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2008
- B.A. in environmental studies and political science, Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2004
Prior work experience
- Utility Analyst, Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor, Indianapolis, Indiana (2008-2009)
- Sustainability Fellow, Office of the Mayor, Bloomington, Indiana (2006-2008)
- Assistant Project Manager, Clean Water Action Alliance of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota (2004-2006)
Some of the following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader
Bird, L.; Chapman, C.; Logan, J.; Sumner, J.; Short, W. (2010). "Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector." 43 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-48258.
Bird, L.; Holt, E.; Sumner, J.; Kreycik, C. (2010). "Voluntary Green Power Market Forecast through 2015." 47 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-48158.
Sumner, J.; Bird, L.; Smith, H. (2009). "Carbon Taxes: A Review of Experience and Policy Design Considerations." 38 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-47312.
Full list of Jenny Sumner publications (NREL)
Hiking, swimming, running, reading