Jenny Melius is a member of the Data Analysis and Visualization Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
GIS Scientist II
On staff since May 2011
Phone number: 303-275-4661
Areas of expertise
- Spatial analysis
Primary research interests
- Rooftop availability for photovoltaic installation
- Transportation and alternative fuels
Education and background training
- Masters in urban and regional planning, Portland State University, 2005
- B.S. in regional development, University of Arizona, 2003
Prior work experience
- Crime Analyst, Portland Police Bureau, Portland, OR (2007–2011)
- Data Management Assistant, Portland Bureau of Housing and Community Development, Portland, OR (2005–2007)
Melius, J., Margolis, R.; Ong. S. (2013) Estimating Rooftop Suitability for PV: A Review of Methods, Patents, and Validation Techniques. 35 pp; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-60593.