Jenny Heeter is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since August 2009
Phone number: 303-275-4366
Areas of expertise
- Market analysis
- Policy analysis
- Utility regulation and analysis
Primary research interests
- Voluntary green power market
- Renewable energy certificate markets and pricing
- Solar renewable energy certificate markets
- Renewable energy and carbon accounting
Education and background training
- M.P.A. in environmental policy and natural resource management, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2008
- B.A. in environmental studies and political science, Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2004
Prior work experience
- Utility Analyst, Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor, Indianapolis, Indiana (2008-2009)
- Sustainability Fellow, Office of the Mayor, Bloomington, Indiana (2006-2008)
- Assistant Project Manager, Clean Water Action Alliance of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota (2004-2006)
Heeter, J.; McLaren, J. (2012). "Innovations in Voluntary Renewable Energy Procurement: Methods for Expanding Access and Lowering Cost for Communities, Governments, and Businesses (Technical Report)." NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 36 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-54991.
Heeter, J.; Armstrong, P.; Bird, L. (2012). "Market Brief: Status of the Voluntary Renewable Energy Certificate Market (2011 Data)." 36 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20- 56128.
Baker Brannan, D.; Heeter, J.; Bird, L. (2012). "Made with Renewable Energy: How and Why Companies are Labeling Consumer Products." 37 pp.; NREL Report No. TP- 6A20-53764.
Cochran, J.; Bird, L.; Heeter, J.; Arent, D. A. (2012). "Integrating Variable Renewable Energy in Electric Power Markets: Best Practices from International Experience, Summary for Policymakers." 20 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53730.
Cochran, J.; Bird, L.; Heeter, J.; Arent, D. A. (2012). "Integrating Variable Renewable Energy in Electric Power Markets: Best Practices from International Experience." 142 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53732.
Heeter, J.; Bird, L. (2011). "Status and Trends in U.S. Compliance and Voluntary Renewable Energy Certificate Markets (2010 Data)." 66 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-52925
Bird, L.; Sumner, J. (2011). "Using Renewable Energy Purchases to Achieve Institutional Carbon Goals: A Review of Current Practices and Considerations." 44 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-49938.
Bird, L.; Heeter, J.; Kreycik, C. (2011). "Solar Renewable Energy Certificate (SREC) Markets: Status and Trends." 58 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-52868.
Holt, E.; Sumner, J.; Bird, L. (2011). "Role of Renewable Energy Certificates in Developing New Renewable Energy Projects." 59 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-51904.
Bird, L.; Chapman, C.; Logan, J.; Sumner, J.; Short, W. (2011). "Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector." Energy Policy. Vol. 39(5), May 2011; pp. 2573-2585; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-50749. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2011.02.025
Bird, L.; Holt, E.; Sumner, J.; Kreycik, C. (2010). "Voluntary Green Power Market Forecast through 2015." 47 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-48158.
Sumner, J.; Bird, L.; Smith, H. (2009). "Carbon Taxes: A Review of Experience and Policy Design Considerations." 38 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-47312.
Full list of Jenny Heeter (previously Sumner) publications (NREL)
Hiking, swimming, running, reading