Jennie Jorgenson is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy Systems Modeling Engineer
On staff since September 2012
Phone number: 303-275-3103
Areas of expertise
- Energy systems modeling with SAM
- Unit commitment and dispatch modeling for determining the air quality effects electric vehicle adoption
- Quantitative analysis modeling
Primary research interests
- System modeling tools
- Data processing and analysis
Education and background training
- M.S. in mechanical engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 2012
- B.S. in chemical engineering, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 2010
Prior work experience
- Graduate researcher at CU Boulder and NREL, Colorado (2011-2012)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Jorgenson, J.; Gilman, P.; Dobos, A. (2011). "Technical Manual for the SAM Biomass Power Generation Model." NREL Technical Report, NREL/TP-6A20-52688, OSTI ID 1026561, September.
Dibble, C.; Shatova, T.; Jorgenson, J.; Stickel, J. (2011). "Particle morphology characterization and manipulation in biomass slurries and the effect on rheological properties and enzymatic conversion." Biotechnology Progress, Vol. 27(6), pp. 1751-1759, August.
Jorgenson, J. (2009). "Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Pretreated Corn Stover at High Solids Loadings." Journal of Young Investigators, Vol 19(28), December.
Backpacking, hiking, tennis, playing violin, running, cooking