Jennie Jorgenson is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy Systems Modeling Engineer
On staff since September 2012
Phone number: 303-275-3103
Areas of expertise
- Energy systems modeling with SAM
- Unit commitment and dispatch modeling
- Integrating concentrating solar power, energy storage, and demand response into power grid models
- Quantitative/statistical analysis and modeling
Primary research interests
- System modeling tools
- Understanding the implications of large-scale renewable energy deployment on the power grid
- Analyzing technologies, such as concentrating solar power, energy storage, and demand response, and their role in renewable energy integration
Education and background training
- M.S. in mechanical engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 2012
- B.S. in chemical engineering, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 2010
Prior work experience
- Graduate researcher at CU Boulder and NREL, Colorado (2011-2012)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Jorgenson, J.; Denholm, P.; Mehos, M. (2014). Estimating the Value of Utility-Scale Solar Technologies in California Under a 40% Renewable Portfolio Standard. 41 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-61685.
Jorgenson, J.; Denholm, P.; Mehos, M.; Turchi, C. (2013). Estimating the Performance and Economic Value of Multiple Concentrating Solar Power Technologies in a Production Cost Model. 38 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-58645.
Denholm, P.; Jorgenson, J.; Hummon, M.; Jenkin, T.; Palchak, D.; Kirby, B.; Ma, O.; O'Malley, M. (2013). Value of Energy Storage for Grid Applications. 45 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-58465.
Denholm, P.; Jorgenson, J.; Hummon, M.; Palchak, D.; Kirby, B.; Ma, O.; O'Malley, M. (2013). Impact of Wind and Solar on the Value of Energy Storage. 40 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-60568.
Hummon, M.; Denholm, P.; Jorgenson, J.; Palchak, D.; Kirby, B.; Ma, O. (2013). Fundamental Drivers of the Cost and Price of Operating Reserves. 57 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-58491.
Full list of Jennie Jorgenson publications (NREL)