Jeffrey Logan is the group manager for the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst (Group Manager)
On staff since November 2008
Phone number: 303-384-7474
Areas of expertise
- Clean energy policy analysis
- Carbon mitigation
- Energy security
- Chinese energy policy and markets
Primary research interests
- Clean energy and carbon markets
- Renewable energy policy
- Linkages between climate mitigation and energy security
Education and background training
- M.S. in environmental science and Master in Public Administration, 1995, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- B.S. in aerospace engineering and B.A. in general arts and sciences, 1985, Pennsylvania State University
Prior work experience
- Specialist in energy policy, Congressional Research Service, Washington, DC (2007-2008)
- Senior energy analyst, World Resources Institute, Washington, DC (2005-2007)
- Senior energy analyst, International Energy Agency, Paris (2003-2005)
- Scientist, Advanced International Studies Unit, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Washington, DC (1997-2003)
- Peace Corps Volunteer in Nepal and China (1987-1992)
Cole, Wesley, Ross Beppler, Owen Zinaman, and Jeffrey Logan. 2016. Considering the Role of Natural Gas in the Deep Decarbonization of the U.S. Electricity Sector. Natural Gas and the Evolving U.S. Power Sector Monograph Series: Number 2. NREL/TP-6A50-64654.
Logan, J., G. Heath, J. Macknick, E. Paranhos, W. Boyd, and K. Carlson. 2013. Executive Summary - Natural Gas and the Transformation of the U.S. Energy Sector: Electricity. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/BR-6A50-57702.
Mai, T., J. Logan, N. Blair, P. Sullivan, and M. Bazilian. 2013. RE-ASSUME: A Decision Maker's Guide to Evaluating Energy Scenarios, Modeling, and Assumptions. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-58493.
Logan, J., A. Lopez, T. Mai, C. Davidson, M. Bazilian, and D. Arent. "Natural Gas Scenarios in the U.S. Power Sector." Energy Economics 40, (November 2013): 183-95. NREL/JA-6A50-57087. doi:10.1016/j.eneco.2013.06.008
Lee, A., O. Zinaman, J. Logan, M. Bazilian, D. Arent, and R.L. Newmark. "Interactions, Complementarities and Tensions at the Nexus of Natural Gas and Renewable Energy." Electricity Journal 25, no. 10 (December 2012): 38-48. NREL/JA-6A50-56674. doi:10.1016/j.tej.2012.10.021
Lee, A., O. Zinaman, and J. Logan. 2012. Opportunities for Synergy Between Natural Gas and Renewable Energy in the Electric Power and Transportation Sectors. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A50-56324.
Logan, J., G. Heath, J. Macknick, E. Paranhos, W. Boyd, and K. Carlson. 2012. Natural Gas and the Transformation of the U.S. Energy Sector: Electricity. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A50-55538.
Denholm, P., A. Dillon, E. Drury, G. Glatzmaier, J. Logan, M. Melaina, J. Neubauer, D. Reindl, S. Santhanagopalan, K. Smith, D. Steward, and S. Succar. 2012. Energy Storage for Power Grids and Electric Transportation: A Technology Assessment. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-51252.
Bird, L., C. Chapman, J. Logan, J. Sumner, and W. Short. "Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector." Energy Policy. 39, no. 5 (May 2011): 2573-85. NREL/JA-6A20-50749. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2011.02.025
Logan, J., P. Sullivan, W. Short, L. Bird, T.L. James, and M.R. Shah. 2009. Evaluating a Proposed 20% National Renewable Portfolio Standard. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL Report No. TP-6A2-45161.
Logan, J. and T.L. James. 2009. Comparative Review of a Dozen National Energy Plans: Focus on Renewable and Efficient Energy. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-45046.
Full list of Jeffrey Logan publications (NREL)
Traveling, building things, reading, hiking, cooking