Jeffrey Logan is a section supervisor for the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst
On staff since November 2008
Phone number: 303-384-7474
Areas of expertise
- Clean energy policy analysis
- Carbon mitigation
- Energy security
- Chinese energy policy and markets
Primary research interests
- Clean energy and carbon markets
- Renewable energy policy
- Linkages between climate mitigation and energy security
Education and background training
- M.S. in environmental science and Master in Public Administration, 1995, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- B.S. in aerospace engineering and B.A. in general arts and sciences, 1985, Pennsylvania State University
Prior work experience
- Specialist in energy policy, Congressional Research Service, Washington, DC (2007-2008)
- Senior energy analyst, World Resources Institute, Washington, DC (2005-2007)
- Senior energy analyst, International Energy Agency, Paris (2003-2005)
- Scientist, Advanced International Studies Unit, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Washington, DC (1997-2003)
- Peace Corps Volunteer in Nepal and China (1987-1992)
Denholm, P.; Dillon, A.; Drury, E.; Glatzmaier, G.; Logan, J.; Melaina, M.; Neubauer, J.; Reindl, D.; Santhanagopalan, S.; Smith, K.; Steward, D.; Succar, S. (2012). "Energy Storage for Power Grids and Electric Transportation: A Technology Assessment." 146 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-51252.
Bird, L.; Chapman, C.; Logan, J.; Sumner, J.; Short, W. (2011). "Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector." Energy Policy. Vol. 39(5), May 2011; pp. 2573-2585; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-50749. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.02.025
Logan, J.; Sullivan, P.; Short, W.; Bird, L.; James, T. L.; Shah, M. R. (2009). "Evaluating a Proposed 20% National Renewable Portfolio Standard." 35 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-45161.
Logan, J.; James, T. L. (2009). "Comparative Review of a Dozen National Energy Plans: Focus on Renewable and Efficient Energy." 49 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-45046.
Full list of Jeffrey Logan publications (NREL)
Traveling, building things, reading, hiking, cooking