Jaquelin Cochran is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst - Supervisor
On staff since June 2009
Phone number: 303-275-3766
Areas of expertise
- Grid integration of renewable energy, demand response
- Natural gas and renewable energy
- International energy efficiency
- Energy and development
Primary research interests
- Policy and market analyses in support of grid integration
- Low emissions development strategies
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in energy and resources group, University of California, Berkeley, 2007
- M.A. in energy and resources group, University of California, Berkeley, 2001
- B.A. in public policy/physics, Pomona College, 1995
Prior work experience
- Assistant Professor, KIMEP, Almaty, Kazakhstan (2007-2009)
- Graduate Student Instructor and Researcher, University of California, Berkeley (1995-1996)
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Polish Foundation for Energy Efficiency, Krakow Poland (1997-1999)
- Energy Analyst, R.J. Rudden Associates, Annapolis, Maryland (1996-1997)
Hummon, M.; Cochran, J.; Weekley, A.; Lopez, A.; Zhang, J.; Stoltenberg, B.; Parsons, B.; Batra, P.; Mehta, B.; Patel, D. (2014). Variability of Photovoltaic Power in the State of Gujarat Using High Resolution Solar Data. 65 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-7A40-60991.
Cochran, J.; Zinaman, O.; Logan, J.; Arent, D. (2014). Exploring the Potential Business Case for Synergies Between Natural Gas and Renewable Energy. 33 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A50-60052.
Cochran, J.; Lew, D.; Kumar, N. (2013). Flexible Coal: Evolution from Baseload to Peaking Plant (Brochure). 21st Century Power Partnership. 10 pp.; NREL Report No. BR-6A20-60575.
Cochran, J.; Mai, T.; Bazilian, M. (2014). Meta-Analysis of High-Penetration Renewable Energy Scenarios. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol. 29, January 2014; pp. 246-253; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-58764. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.08.089.
Cochran, J.; Miller, M.; Milligan, M.; et al. (2013). Market Evolution: Wholesale Electricity Market Design for 21st Century Power Systems. 57 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-57477.
Miller, M.; Bird, L.; Cochran, J.; et al. (2013). RES-E-NEXT: Next Generation of RES-E Policy Instruments. 102 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-58882. International Energy Agency’s Implementing Agreement on Renewable Energy Technology Deployment (IEA-RETD).
Cochran, J.; Bird, L.; Heeter, J.; Arent, D. A. (2012). Integrating Variable Renewable Energy in Electric Power Markets: Best Practices from International Experience. 142 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53732.
Cochran, J. (2012). Policies and Programs to Integrate High Penetrations of Variable Renewable Energy (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 18 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-54970.
Cochran, J.; Benioff, R.; de Coninck, H.; Wuertenberger, L. (2010). "An Exploration of Options for Operational Modalities of Climate Technology Centres and Networks." United Nations Environment Programme.
Cochran, J.; et al. (2009). "Building Sector Energy Efficiency." Major Economies Forum on Energy and Climate.
Full list of Jaquelin Cochran publications (NREL)
Travel, biking, cooking