Jaquelin Cochran is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst - Supervisor
On staff since June 2009
Phone number: 303-275-3766
Areas of expertise
- International energy efficiency
- Energy and development
Primary research interests
- Low emissions development strategies
- International best practices in energy efficiency
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in energy and resources group, University of California, Berkeley, 2007
- M.A. in energy and resources group, University of California, Berkeley, 2001
- B.A. in public policy/physics, Pomona College, 1995
Prior work experience
- Assistant Professor, KIMEP, Almaty, Kazakhstan (2007-2009)
- Graduate Student Instructor and Researcher, University of California, Berkeley (1995-1996)
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Polish Foundation for Energy Efficiency, Krakow Poland (1997-1999)
- Energy Analyst, R.J. Rudden Associates, Annapolis, Maryland (1996-1997)
Cochran, J.; Bird, L.; Heeter, J.; Arent, D. A. (2012). Integrating Variable Renewable Energy in Electric Power Markets: Best Practices from International Experience. 142 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53732.
Cochran, J. (2012). Policies and Programs to Integrate High Penetrations of Variable Renewable Energy (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 18 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-54970.
Cochran, J., R. Benioff, H. de Coninck, and L. Wuertenberger. (2010). "An Exploration of Options for Operational Modalities of Climate Technology Centres and Networks." United Nations Environment Programme.
Cochran, Jaquelin, et al. (2009). "Building Sector Energy Efficiency." Major Economies Forum on Energy and Climate.
De Vita, A.; de Connick, H.; McLaren, J.; Cochran, J. (2009). "A Climate for Collaboration: Analysis of US and EU Lessons and Opportunities in Energy and Climate Policy." National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Technical Report: NREL/TP-6A2-46420.
Full list of Jaquelin Cochran publications (NREL)
Travel, biking, cooking