Janine Freeman is a member of the System Modeling & Geospatial Data Science Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy System Modeling Engineer
On staff since March 2013
Phone number: 303-275-4694
Areas of expertise
- Solar instrumentation
- PV energy production modeling
- Solar resource estimates
- Vertical axis wind turbine analysis/wind tunnel experimentation
- CAD modeling
- Campbell Scientific LoggerNet
Primary research interests
- Wind and solar power improvements
Education and background training
- M.S. in mechanical engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy NY, 2010
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy NY, 2009
Prior work experience
- AWS Truepower, Albany NY, Solar Services Engineer (2011-2012)
- Alpha Omega Epsilon Professional Engineering Sorority
Ryberg, David and Janine Freeman. 2015. Integration, Validation, and Application of a PV Snow Coverage Model in SAM. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-64260.
Freeman, J., J. Jorgenson, P. Gilman, and T. Ferguson. 2014. Reference Manual for the System Advisor Model's Wind Power Performance Model. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-60570
Freeman, J., J. Whitmore, N. Blair, and A.P. Dobos. 2014. Validation of Multiple Tools for Flat Plate Photovoltaic Modeling Against Measured Data. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-61497.
Schnitzer et al. 2012. "Solar Input Data for Photovoltaic Performance Modeling."
Freeman et al. 2010. "Testing of a Combined Savonius-Darrieus Wind Turbine." Master's thesis.
Full list of Janine Freeman publications (NREL)
Travel, rock climbing, music, languages, biking