Gail Mosey is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Energy Analyst
On staff since December 2003
Phone number: 303-384-7356
Areas of expertise
- EERE market and policy analysis
- Knowledge of research methodology used to gather and compile primary and secondary data; survey design
- Work with large data sets including creating, managing and utilizing databases (Access)
- Statistical data analysis (Excel and SPSS)
Primary research interests
- Program and technology benefits impact estimation and analysis
- Identification of sites for EERE use in remediation, monitoring and revitalization
- Environmental analysis
Education and background training
- M.S. in economics, 1993, Colorado School of Mines
- B.S. in business administration, 1989, University of Colorado
Prior work experience
- Senior research analyst (focusing on energy-related projects), Insight Management (2003)
- Senior market research analyst, KN Energy (1997-1998)
Mosey, G.; Van Geet, O. (2010). Feasibility Study of Economics and Performance of Solar Photovoltaics at the Stringfellow Superfund Site in Riverside, California. A Study Prepared in Partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency for the RE-Powering America's Land Initiative: Siting Renewable Energy on Potentially Contaminated Land and Mine Sites. 39 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-48770.
Mosey, G.; Vimmerstedt, L. (2009). Renewable Electricity Benefits Quantification Methodology: A Request for Technical Assistance from the California Public Utilities Commission. 52 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-45639.
Mosey. G.; Doris, E.; Coggeshall, C.; Antes, M.; Ruch, J.; Mortensen, J. (2009). Conceptual Soundness, Metric Development, Benchmarking, and Targeting for PATH Subprogram Evaluation. 110 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-43822.
Mosey, G., Heimiller, D., Dahle, D., Vimmerstedt, L., and Brady-Sabeff, L., 2007. Converting Limbo Lands to Energy-Generating Stations: Renewable Energy Technologies on Underused, Formerly Contaminated Sites. Environmental Protection Agency Report No. 600/R/08/023, NREL Report No. TP-640-41522. October. (PDF 2.7 MB)
Evans, M., Little, R., Lloyd, K., Malikov, G., Passolt, G., Arent, D., Swezey, B., Mosey, G. (2007). Advanced Modeling of Renewable Energy Market Dynamics: May 2006. 124 pp., NREL Report No. TP-640-41896. (PDF 2.2 MB)
Mosey, G. (2006). Renewable Energy Potential for Brownfield Redevelopment Strategies (Poster). 1 p., NREL Report No. PO-640-40844. (PDF 1.4 MB)
Full list of Gail Mosey publications (NREL)