Ethan Warner is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since August 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7471
Areas of expertise
- Life cycle assessment
- System dynamics modeling
- Energy policy
- Policy analysis
- Risk analysis
Primary research interests
- System dynamics modeling of renewable technologies and energy systems
- Technological, social, economic, and environmental impacts of energy policy
- Sustainability and life cycle assessment
Education and background training
- M.S. in science, technology and environmental policy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2009
- B.S. in biology, society and the environment, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2006
Prior work experience
- Model Developer, University of Minnesota and Great Plains Institute, Minneapolis, MN (2008-2009)
- Research Assistant, Center for Science, Technology and Public Policy at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (2007-2008)
- Laboratory Manager/Laboratory Technician, Department of Ecology, Evolution and Behavior at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN (2006-2008)
- Member of the System Dynamics Society
Warner, E. S.; Heath, G. A. (2012). Life Cycle Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Nuclear Electricity Generation: Systematic Review and Harmonization. Journal of Industrial Ecology. Vol. 16(Supplement 1), April 2012; pp. S73-S92; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-48514. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00472.x
Special Report on Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation, Chapter 2. Bioenergy. (2011). Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), [O. Edenhofer, R. Pichs-Madruga, Y. Sokona, K. Seyboth, P. Matschoss, S. Kadner, T. Zwickel, P. Eickemeier, G. Hansen, S. Schlömer, C. von Stechow (eds)]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.
Warner, E.; McFarlane, D.; Taff, S.J. (2011). "Minnesota Low Carbon Fuels Standard Study: Policy Interactions Modeling." IN: Minnesota Low Carbon Fuels Standard Study: Final Report, prepared for Minnesota Department of Commerce, Contract No. 24112, June.
Warner, E.; Heath, G.; O'Donoughue, P. (2010). "Harmonization of Energy Generation Life Cycle Assessments (LCA): FY2010 LCA Milestone Report, November 2010." 17 pp.; NREL Report No. MP-6A20- 47492.
Warner, E., M. Riebe, J. Kuzma. (2006). "Moving Toward Sustainable Energy Systems." University of Minnesota Humphrey Institute's Climate Change and Sustainable Development: Paths to Progress - Workshop II. October 24-25. (PDF 1.2 MB)
Full list of Ethan Warner's publications (NREL)
Hiking, biking, music, cooking, politics, fiction and non-fiction books