Ella Zhou is a member of the Market & Policy Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
International Energy Analyst
On staff since December 2014
Phone number: 303-275-3293
Areas of expertise
- Power system modeling
- Integrating water and cooling system, energy storage, and demand response into grid simulation and optimization models
- International energy policy and market analysis
- Data analysis and statistical modeling
Primary research interests
- Grid integration of renewable energy
- Low carbon strategies
- Water-energy nexus
Education and background training
- M.A. in political science, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 2011
- B.A. in literature and law, Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, 2009
- P.C. in energy innovation and emerging technologies, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 2014
Prior work experience
- Senior Research Assistant, The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC (2011-2014)
- Clean Energy Investment Consultant, Claro International, Boston, MA (2011)
Blair, Nate, Ella Zhou, Dan Getman, and Douglas J. Arent. 2015. Electricity Capacity Expansion Modeling, Analysis, and Visualization: A Summary of High-Renewable Modeling Experiences. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-64831.
Denholm, Paul, Jennie Jorgenson, Mackay Miller, Ella Zhou, and Caixia Wang. 2015. Methods for Analyzing the Economic Value of Concentrating Solar Power with Thermal Energy Storage. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-64256.
Hurlbut, David, Ella Zhou, Kevin Porter, and Douglas J. Arent. 2015. 'Renewables-Friendly' Grid Development Strategies: Experience in the United States, Potential Lessons for China. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-64940.
Milligan, Michael, Bethany Frew, Ella Zhou, and Douglas J. Arent. 2015. Advancing System Flexibility for High Penetration Renewable Integration. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-64864.
Stark, C., J. Pless, J. Logan, E. Zhou, and D.J. Arent. 2015. Renewable Electricity: Insights for the Coming Decade. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A50-63604.
Full list of Ella Zhou publications (NREL)