David Mulcahy is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since 2012
Phone number: 303-275-3210
Areas of expertise
- Modeling in Generalized Algebraic Modeling System (GAMS)
- Solar installation and system design
Primary research interests
- Electricity capacity expansion modeling
- High penetration renewable scenarios
- Biomass resource allocation
Education and background training
- B.S. in physics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, 2012
- Certificate in energy and the environment, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2012
Prior work experience
- Solar System Designer, Installer and Grant Writer, Hannah Solar LLC, Atlanta, GA (2009-2011)
- Environmental and Infrastructure Planning Intern, New Orleans City Hall, New Orleans, LA (2008)
International Trade of Wood Pellets (Brochure). Energy Analysis, NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). (2013). 6 pp.; NREL Report No. BR-6A20-56791.
International Trade of Biofuels (Brochure). Energy Analysis, NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). (2013). 4 pp.; NREL Report No. BR-6A20-56792.
Newes, E.; Bush, B.; Inman, D.; Lin, Y.; Mai, T.; Martinez, A.; Mulcahy, D.; Short, W.; Simpkins, T.; Uriarte, C.; Peck, C. (2012). Biomass Resource Allocation among Competing End Uses. 66 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-54217.
Full list of David Mulcahy publications (NREL)
Kayaking, hiking, and soccer