Daniel Steinberg is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Energy and Environmental Analyst
On staff since September 2009
Phone number: 303-275-4287
Areas of expertise
- Modeling of interactions between climate change and the energy sector
- Climate change policy analysis
- GIS/Remote Sensing
Primary research interests
- Interrelationship between energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy
- Environmental and energy market impacts of energy and environmental policy
- Impacts of climate change on global energy supply and demand
Education and background training
- M.E.Sc in environmental economics and energy analysis, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 2009
- B.A. in earth and atmospheric sciences, Cornell University, 2004
Prior work experience
- Visiting Researcher, The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria (2008)
- Research Assistant, The Woods Hole Research Center, Falmouth, MA (2004-2007)
- Research Assistant, Long Term Ecological Research Site, Toolik, AK (2002, 2003)
Paranhos, E.; Kozak, T.G.; Boyd, W.; Bradbury, J.; Steinberg, D.C.; Arent, D.J. (2015). Controlling Methane Emissions in the Natural Gas Sector: A Review of Federal and State Regulatory Frameworks Governing Production, Gathering, Processing, Transmission, and Distribution. NREL Report No. TP-6A50-63416.
Steinberg, D.; Porro, G.; Goldberg, M. (2012). Preliminary Analysis of the Jobs and Economic Impacts of Renewable Energy Projects Supported by the §1603 Treasury Grant Program. 33 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-52739.
Palmer, K.; Paul, A.; Woerman, M.; Steinberg, D. C. (2011). Federal Policies for Renewable Electricity: Impacts and Interactions. Energy Policy. Vol. 39 (7), July 2011; pp. 3975-3591; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-52457. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.01.035
Goetz, S. J.; Steinberg, D.; Betts, M. G.; Holmes, R. T.; Doran, P. J.; Dubayah, R.; Hofton, M. (2010). Lidar Remote Sensing Variables Predict Breeding Habitat of a Neotropical Migrant Bird. Ecology. Vol. 91 (6), 2010; pp. 1569-1576; NREL Report No. JA-6A2-49073. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/09-1670.1
Steinberg, D.C.; S.J. Goetz. (2009). "Assessment and extension of the MODIS FPAR products in temperate forests of the eastern United States." International Journal of Remote Sensing, 30 (1): 167-187.
Goetz, S.J., and D.C. Steinberg. (2007). "Laser remote sensing of canopy habitat heterogeneity as a predictor of bird species richness in an eastern temperate forest, USA." Remote Sensing of Environment, 108 (3): 254-263.
Steinberg, D.C., S.J. Goetz, and E.J. Hyer. (2006). "Validation of MODIS FPAR products in boreal forests of Alaska." IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 44 (7): 1818-1828.
Full list of Daniel Steinberg publications (NREL)
Music, food, dogs, homebrewing