Daniel Getman is a member of the Data Analysis and Visualization Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Geospatial Data Science Team Lead - Senior Geographic Information Scientist
On staff since March 2010
Phone number: 303-275-4677
Areas of expertise
- Project management and client relationship development
- Team leadership in analysis and application development
- Spatiotemporal data analysis including statistical analysis
- Spatiotemporal data visualization
- Highly interactive web-based application development
Primary research interests
- Scientific programming
- Spatiotemporal data analysis
- Visualization of large/complex datasets
Education and background training
- M.S. in remote sensing and geographic information systems, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 2001
- B.S. in geographic information systems and computer cartography, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 1998
Prior work experience
- Information Management/GIS Specialist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, (5 years)
- Information Management/GIS Specialist, Zekiah Technologies, Inc., La Plata, MD, (2 years)
- Information Management/GIS Specialist, Malcolm Pirnie, Austin, TX, (2 years)
Selected publications, presentations, and websites
Getman, D.; Bush. B.; Inman, D.; Elmore, R. (2015). Evaluation of Methods for Comparison of Spatiotemporal and Time Series Datasets. 18 pp; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-62647.
- 2014. Getman, D.; Krishnan, SS. Geospatial Analysis of Renewable Energy Options. Workshop organized for the Sustainable Growth Working Group of the Indo-US Energy Dialogue, New Delhi, India, March 4, 2014.
- 2014. Getman, D. Providing Distributed Analysis Tools to the IRENA Global Atlas for Renewable Energy. World Future Energy Summit, Abu Dhabi, January 20, 2014.
- 2012. Getman, D. Geospatial Energy Informatics. World Renewable Energy Forum: Energy Informatics Panel, Denver, CO, May 1, 2012.
- 2011. Getman, D. Geospatial Analysis and the OpenCarto Framework: Spatial Analysis, Data Provision, and Decision Support at all Levels of Renewable Energy Development, Department of Energy OCIO Geospatial Technology Summit, Washington D.C., August 16, 2011.
- 2010. Getman, D. Building the Bioenergy Knowledge Discovery Framework. Association of American Geographers Conference, Washington D.C., April 16, 2010.
- Draxl, C.; Hodge, B. M.; Orwig, K.; Jones, W.; Searight, K.; Getman, D.; Harrold, S.; McCaa, J.; Cline, J.; Clark, C. 2013. Advancements in Wind Integration Study Data Modeling: The Wind Integration National Dataset (Wind) Toolkit; Preprint. 6 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-5D00-60269.
- Getman, D., J. Harbor, C. Johannsen, B. Engel, and G. Shao, 2008. Improving the Accuracy of Historic Satellite Image Classification by Combining Low-Resolution Multispectral Data with High-Resolution Panchromatic Data. Journal of Terrestrial Observation: Vol. 1: No. 1, Article 8, May 2008.
Full list of Dan Getman publications (NREL)
Hiking and biking with my family, woodworking, gardening