Carolyn Davidson is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since July 2011
Phone number: 303-275-3281
Areas of expertise
- Residential solar markets, costs and grid parity analysis
- Data-driven analysis of distributed solar markets
- Econometrics and statistical methods
Primary research interests
- Drivers/barriers to distributed energy adoption
- Impacts of policy and rates on the economics of distributed solar
- Market conditions and market friction in the distributed energy context
Education and background training
- M.B.A. in global social and sustainable enterprise, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2011
- M.S. in agriculture and natural resource economics, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2009
- B.A. in international relations (Spanish), University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2005
Prior work experience
- Graduate Research Assistant, Colorado State University Department of Agriculture and Resource Economics, Fort Collins, CO, (2007-2010)
- E3 Fellow, Union of Concerned Scientists, Washington, D.C. (2008)
- Analyst, Asociacion Andes, Cusco, Peru (2005-2006)
Davidson, C; Steinberg, D; Margolis, R. (2015). Exploring the market for third-party-owned residential photovoltaic systems: insights from lease and power-purchase agreement contract structures and costs in California. Carolyn Davidson et al 2015, Environ. Res. Lett. 10 024006
Ardani, K.; Davidson, C.; Margolis, R.; Nobler, E. (2015). State-Level Comparison of Processes and Timelines for Distributed Photovoltaic Interconnection in the United States. 41 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-7A40-63556.
Davidson, C.; James, T. L.; Margolis, R.; Fu, R.; Feldman, D. (2014). U.S. Residential Photovoltaic (PV) System Prices, Q4 2013 Benchmarks: Cash Purchase, Fair Market Value, and Prepaid Lease Transaction Prices. 35 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-62671.
Davidson, C.; Drury, E.; Lopez, A.; Elmore, R.; Margolis, R. (2014). Modeling photovoltaic diffusion: an analysis of geospatial datasets. Environ. Res. Lett. (9) 074009.
Davidson, C.; Steinberg, D. (2013). Evaluating the Impact of Third-Party Price Reporting and other Drivers on Residential Photovoltaic Price Estimates. Energy Policy. Vol. 62, November 2013; pp. 752-761; NREL Report No. JA-5200-57765. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2013.07.112
Ardani, K.; Seif, D.; Margolis, R.; Morris, J.; Davidson, C.; Truitt, S.; Torbert, R. (2013). Non-Hardware ("Soft") Cost-Reduction Roadmap for Residential and Small Commercial Solar Photovoltaics, 2013-2020. 85 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-7A40-59155.
Feldman, D.; Barbose, G.; Margolis, R.; James, T.; Weaver, S.; Darghouth, N.; Fu, R.; Davidson, C.; Booth, S.; Wiser, R. (2014). Photovoltaic System Pricing Trends: Historical, Recent, and Near-Term Projections. 2014 Edition (Presentation). Sunshot, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). 32 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-62558.
Davidson, C.; Newes, E.; Schwab, A.; Vimmerstedt, L. (2014). Overview of Aviation Fuel Markets for Biofuels Stakeholders. 52 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-60254.
Full list of Carolyn Davidson publications (NREL)
Rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, backcountry skiing