Caroline Uriarte Chapman
Caroline Uriarte Chapman is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since April 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7388
Areas of expertise
- Modeling of the US power market using GAMS
Primary research interests
- Electricity market
- Renewable energy
Education and background training
- M.S. in engineering systems (electrical specialty), Colorado School of Mines, 2007
- B.S. in electrical engineering, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil, 2004
Prior work experience
- Teaching Assistant, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO (2008-09)
- Intern, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA (2007)
- IEEE member
Bird, L.; Chapman, C.; Logan, J.; Sumner, J.; Short, W. (2011). "Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector." Energy Policy. Vol. 39(5), May 2011; pp. 2573-2585; NREL Report No. JA-6A20-50749. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.02.025
Bird, L.; Chapman, C.; Logan, J.; Sumner, J.; Short, W. (2010). "Evaluating Renewable Portfolio Standards and Carbon Cap Scenarios in the U.S. Electric Sector." 43 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-48258.
Simoes, M. G., C. S. Uriarte, S. Chakraborty, F. A. Farret. (2006). "Cost Considerations on Renewable Energy Systems." IEEE Industry Applications Conference. 5, 2169-2176. October.
Uriarte, C. S. (2007). Electrical Modeling and Integration of Distributed Energy Resources Into The Electric Grid. Masters Thesis, Colorado School of Mines. February.
Full list of Caroline Uriarte Chapman publications (NREL)
Tennis, running, piano, gardening, reading