Billy J. Roberts
Billy J. Roberts is a member of the Data Analysis and Visualization Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Scientist III - GIS
On staff since 2007
Phone number: 303-275-3824
Areas of expertise
- Spatial analysis and cartography
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy and cartographic technique
- Wildlife and energy technology interactions
- Geothermal technology
Education and background training
- M.S. Certificate in geographic information systems, University of Denver, Denver, CO
- B.S. in geographic information systems, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
Prior work experience
- GIS analyst, Texas Department of Transportation, Austin, TX
- GIS analyst, Texas Parks & Wildlife, Austin, TX
- GIS analyst, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Austin, TX
Esposito, A., J. Porro, C. Augustine, and B.J. Roberts. "Estimate of the Geothermal Energy Resource in the Major Sedimentary Basins in the United States." Paper presented at Geothermal Resources Council 36th Annual Meeting, Reno, NV, October 2012. NREL/PR-6A20-56444.
Newmark, R., J. Macknick, G. Heath, S. Ong, P. Denholm, R. Marglis, and B.J. Roberts. "Implications of Future Energy Choices in the Energy-Water-Land Nexus." WREF Forum: Energy-Water Nexus: An International Perspective, Denver, CO, May 2012. NREL/PR-6A20-54951.
Lopez, A., B.J. Roberts, D. Heimiller, N. Blair, and G. Porro. 2012. U.S. Renewable Energy Technical Potentials: A GIS-Based Analysis. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-51946.
Roberts, B.J. 2011. "Potential for Photovoltaic Solar Installation in Non-Irrigated Corners of Center Pivot Irrigation Fields in the State of Colorado." Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-51330.
Denholm, P., R.M. Margolis, S. Ong, and B.J. Roberts. 2009. "Break-Even Cost for Residential Photovoltaics in the United States: Key Drivers and Sensitivities." Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A2-46909.
Full list of Billy Roberts publications (NREL)