Billy J. Roberts
Billy J. Roberts is a member of the Data Analysis and Visualization Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Scientist III - GIS
On staff since 2007
Phone number: 303-275-3824
Areas of expertise
- Spatial analysis and cartography
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy and cartographic technique
- Wildlife and energy technology interactions
- Geothermal technology
Education and background training
- M.S. Certificate in geographic information systems, University of Denver, Denver, CO
- B.S. in geographic information systems, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
Prior work experience
- GIS analyst, Texas Department of Transportation, Austin, TX
- GIS analyst, Texas Parks & Wildlife, Austin, TX
- GIS analyst, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Austin, TX
Esposito, A.; Porro, C.; Augustine, C.; Roberts, B. J. (2012). Estimate of the Geothermal Energy Resource in the Major Sedimentary Basins in the United States (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 15 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-56444.
Newmark, R.; Macknick, J.; Heath, G.; Ong, S.; Denholm, P.; Marglis, R.; Roberts, B. J. (2012). Implications of Future Energy Choices in the Energy-Water-Land Nexus (Presentation). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 19 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A20-54951.
Lopez, A.; Roberts, B. J.; Heimiller, D.; Blair, N.; Porro, G. (2012). U.S. Renewable Energy Technical Potentials: A GIS-Based Analysis. 40 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-51946.
Roberts, B. J. (2011). Potential for Photovoltaic Solar Installation in Non-Irrigated Corners of Center Pivot Irrigation Fields in the State of Colorado. 18 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-51330.
Denholm, P.; Margolis, R. M.; Ong, S.; Roberts, B. J. (2009). Breakeven Cost for Residential Photovoltaics in the United States: Key Drivers and Sensitivities (Report Summary) (Presentation). 25 pp.; NREL Report No. PR-6A2-47248.
Denholm, P.; Margolis, R. M.; Ong, S.; Roberts, B. J. (2009). Break-Even Cost for Residential Photovoltaics in the United States: Key Drivers and Sensitivities. 33 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-46909.
Full list of Billy Roberts publications (NREL)
Reading non-fiction, writing, hunting, fishing, hiking, gardening, horseback riding, volunteering and taking an active role in the local organic Slow Food revolution