Bethany Speer is a member of the Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Renewable Energy Market, Finance, and Policy Analyst
On staff since November 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7421
Areas of expertise
- International economic policy
- Climate change mitigation policies and trade issues
- International relations and development
Primary research interests
- Project finance
- Climate change mitigation policies
Education and background training
- M.A. in global finance, trade and economic integration, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, 2009
- B.A. in International studies and music, University of Denver, Colorado, 2009 (dual-degree with M.A.)
Prior work experience
- Intern, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado (September 2008 - November 2009)
- Intern, Association of Concentration Camp Torture Survivors and Zena Zenema, Sarajevo, Bosnia
Speer, B. (2012). Geothermal Brief: Market and Policy Impacts Update. 35 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53288.
Speer, B. (2012). Residential Solar Photovoltaics: Comparison of Financing Benefits, Innovations, and Options. 72 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-51644.
Speer, B. (2011). First Known Use of QECBs will Save Yolo County at Least $8.7 Million Over the Next 25 Years, Energy Analysis (Revised) (Brochure). NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory). 4 pp.; NREL Report No. BR-6A20-49450.
Speer, B.; Koenig, R. (2010). Property-Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing of Renewables and Efficiency: Fact Sheet Series on Financing Renewable Energy Projects (Brochure). Energy Analysis. 4 pp.; NREL Report No. BR-6A2-47097.
Speer, B.; Mendelsohn, M.; Cory, K. (2010). Insuring Solar Photovoltaics: Challenges and Possible Solutions (Revised). 53 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-46932.
Kollins, K.; Speer, B.; Cory, K. (2009). Solar PV Project Financing: Regulatory and Legislative Challenges for Third-Party PPA System Owners. 55 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-46723.
Full list of Bethany Speer publications (NREL)
Music, the great outdoors, reading, cooking, travel, doggies