Brian W Bush
Brian W Bush is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Principal Strategic Analyst
On staff from January 2008
Phone number: (303) 384-7472
Areas of expertise
- Energy and infrastructure modeling, simulation, and analysis
- High performance computing
- Software architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Discrete-event and continuous simulation
- Statistical analysis
- Geographic information systems
Primary research interests
- Energy modeling methodologies
- Sensitivity analysis and uncertainty quantification for multidisciplinary models and simulations, including understanding the limits of predictability
- Graph and network analysis
- Approximate reasoning
- Knowledge engineering
- Mining and visualization of massive data sets
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in physics, 1990, Yale University
- B.S. in physics, 1985, California Institute of Technology
Prior work experience
- Technical Staff Member, Los Alamos National Laboratory (1993-2008)
- Director-Funded Postdoctoral Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory (1990-1992)
- American Physical Society
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (including Computer Society)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Guest Scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Bush, B.; Jenkin, T.; Lipowicz, D.; Arent, D. J.; Cooke, R. (2012). "Variance Analysis of Wind and Natural Gas Generation under Different Market Structures: Some Observations." 50 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-52790.
B. Bush, L. Dauelsberg, R. LeClaire, D. Powell, S. DeLand, and M. Samsa, "Critical Infrastructure Protection Decision Support System (CIP/DSS) Project Overview." 3rd International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Boston, Massachusetts, 17-21 July 2005.
C. Zhou, K. L. Summers, T. P. Caudell, K. Berkbigler, B. Bush, K. Davis, and S. Smith, "Graph Visualization for the Analysis of the Structure and Dynamics of Extreme-Scale Supercomputers." J. Information Visualization. 3 (2004), p. 209-222.
M. Blue, B. Bush, and J. Puckett, "Unified Approach to Fuzzy Graph Problems." Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 125 (2002), pp. 355-368.
B. W. Bush, G. F. Bertsch, and B. A. Brown, "Shape Diffusion in the Shell Model." Phys. Rev. C. 45 (1992), pp. 1709-1719.
Y. Alhassid and B. Bush, "Orientation Fluctuations and the Angular Distribution of the Giant Dipole Resonance γ Rays in Hot Rotating Nuclei." Phys. Rev. Lett. 65 (1990), pp. 2527-2530.
Full list of Brian Bush publications (NREL)