Ann Herlevich Brennan
Ann H. Brennan is the group manager of the Data Analysis and Visualization Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since October 1978
Phone number: 303-275-3609
Areas of expertise
- Experienced leader and manager in sustainable energy analysis and deployment
- Data management, decision tools, and Web applications to enable RE/EE market
- Communications strategy, technical writing, and outreach
- Techno-economic analysis of renewable energy technologies
- Experimental research on biofuels technologies
Primary research interests
- Development and delivery of information to enable high-impact decisions related to energy innovation and use
- Data management, access, analytics and visualization
- Transportation technologies, markets, and policies
- Alternative fuels and advanced vehicle implementation issues and barriers
Education and background training
- Graduate coursework in public administration, University of Colorado-Denver Business, 2007-2009
- Denver Community Leadership Program, University of Colorado-Denver, 1995
- B.S. in engineering science and mechanics, N.C. State University, 1978
Prior work experience
- Energy Informatics Project Leader, Strategic Programs & Partnerships, NREL (2013)
- Director, Market Transformation Center, Deployment & Market Transformation Directorate, NREL (2011-2013)
- Group Manager, Sustainable Fuels & Vehicles, Deployment & Market Transformation Directorate, NREL (2009-2011)
- Group Manager and Principal Project Leader, Center for Transportation Technologies & Systems, NREL (1999-2009)
- Communications Group Manager, Communications & Public Affairs Office, NREL (1996-1999)
- Technical Communications Section Manager, Technical Information Office, NREL (1993-1996)
- Senior Science Writer, Technical Information Office, NREL (1988-1993)
- Staff Engineer, Solar Fuels Division, NREL (1983-1988)
- Associate Engineer, Solar Heat Division, NREL (1978-1983)
- Member of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
- Member of SAE International
Selected publications and websites
Brennan, A. 2011. Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles: Resources for Fleet Managers (Clean Cities) (Presentation). Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/PR-7A30-51687.
Brennan, A., et al. Alternative Fuel News: Official Publication of the Clean Cities Network and the Alternative Fuels Data Center 6, no. 2 (2002). NREL/BR-540-32463.
Brennan, A. 1997. National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Clean Energy for a Sustainable Future. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/BR-330-22752.
Brennan, A.H.; et al. 1991. Science Projects in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. Boulder, CO: American Solar Energy Society.
Brennan, A. H., W. Hoagland, and D.J. Schell. "High Temperature Acid Hydrolysis of Biomass Using an Engineering-Scale Plug Flow Reactor: Results of Low Solids Testing." Paper presented at Eighth Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Gatlinburg, TN, May 1986. Scott, C. D., ed.; New York: John Wiley & Son.
Herlevich, F. A., M.E. Karpuk, and H. Lindsey. "Engineering Analysis of Potential Photosynthetic Bacterial Hydrogen Production Systems." Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 413 (December 1983): 531-34. New York: NY Academy of Sciences
Waddington, D. and A. Herlevich. 1982. Evaluation of Pumps and Motors for Photovoltaic Water Pumping Systems. Golden, CO: Solar Energy Research Institute. NREL/TR-214-1423.
Thornton, J.P., K.C. Brown, J.G. Finegold, J.B. Gresham, F.A. Herlevich, J.S. Kowalik, and T.A. Kriz. 1980. Final Report: A Comparative Ranking of 0.1-10 MWe Solar Thermal Electric Power Systems, Volume I: Summary of Results. Golden, CO: Solar Energy Research Institute. NREL/TR-351-461.
Finegold, J.G. and F.A. Herlevich. 1980. "BALDR-1: A Solar Thermal System Simulation (Proceedings)." Paper presented at Systems Simulation and Economic Analysis Conference Proceedings, San Diego, CA, January 1980. Golden, CO: Solar Energy Research Institute.
Full list of Ann H. Brennan publications (NREL)