Anelia Milbrandt is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center. She is also a member of the NREL International Studies Team.
Senior Energy Resources Analyst
On staff since 2003
Phone number: 303-275-4633
Areas of expertise
- Biomass resource assessment
- Geospatial modeling and analysis
- Integrated resource, infrastructure, and market analysis
Primary research interests
- Sustainable biomass resource development
- Global natural resources and population dynamics
- Renewable energy programs in developing countries
Education and background training
- M.S. in geography, University of Sofia, Bulgaria, 1999
Prior work experience
- GIS Specialist, MN State Legislature, 2001 - 2003
- Member of Association of American Geographers (AAG)
Selected publications and websites
Milbrandt, A.; Overend, R.P. (2011). Assessment of Biomass Resources in Afghanistan. 54 pp.; NREL/TP-6A20-49358
Milbrandt, A.; Jarvis, E. (2010). Resource Evaluation and Site Selection for Microalgae Production in India. 89 pp.; NREL/TP-6A2-48380
Milbrandt, A.; Overend, R.P. (2009). Assessment of Biomass Resources from Marginal Lands in APEC Economies. 52 pp.; APEC#209-RE-01.4.
Milbrandt, A.; Overend, R.P. (2008). Survey of Biomass Resource Assessments and Assessment Capabilities in APEC Economies. 155 pp.; APEC# 208-RE-01.9.
Milbrandt, A. (2008). Assessment of Biomass Resources in Liberia. 43 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A2-44808
Overend, R. P.; Milbrandt, A. (2007). Potential Carbon Emissions Reductions from Biomass by 2030. Kutscher, C. F., ed. Tackling Climate Change in the U.S.: Potential Carbon Emissions Reductions from Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy by 2030. Boulder, CO: American Solar Energy Society pp. 113-129; NREL Report No. CH-581-41273.
Milbrandt, A. (2005). Geographic Perspective on the Current Biomass Resource Availability in the United States. 70 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-560-39181.
Full list of Anelia Milbrandt publications (NREL)