Alan C. Goodrich
Alan C. Goodrich is a member of the Technology Systems and Sustainability Analysis Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Senior Analyst (Solar Manufacturing Costs)
On staff since July 2009
Phone number: 303-384-4347
Areas of expertise
- Materials and manufacturing technology commercialization strategies
- Manufacturing economics and technology strategy
- Techno economic analysis in support of R&D portfolio management
- Market analysis and forecasting
Primary research interests
- Distributed solar energy technologies
- Low cost manufacturing strategies
- Commercialization and business development strategies
- Renewable energy manufacturing costs: solar PV, wind, and battery components
- U.S. manufacturing competitiveness
Education and background training
- MBA, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 2011
- B.S. in industrial and management engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 1999
Prior work experience
- Principal, IBIS Associates, Inc., Waltham, MA (January 2000-July 2009)
Goodrich, A.; Hacke, P.; Wang, Q.; Sopori, B.; Margolis, R.; James, T.L.; Woodhouse, M. (2013). "A wafer-based monocrystalline silicon photovoltaics road map: Utilizing known technology improvement opportunities for further reductions in manufacturing costs." Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 114, July, pp. 110–135. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2013.01.030. Supplemental Information.
Woodhouse, M.; Goodrich, A.; Margolis, R.; James, T.L.; Lokanc, M.; Eggert, R. (2013). "Supply-Chain Dynamics of Tellurium, Indium, and Gallium Within the Context of PV Manufacturing Costs." IEEE Journal Of Photovoltaics, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 833-837. April.
U.S. Department of Energy. (2012). SunShot Vision Study. DOE/GO-102012-3037. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Energy.
Woodhouse, M.; Goodrich, A.; James, T.; Margolis, R.; Eggert, R.; Albin, D. (2012). "Perspectives on the Pathways for Cadmium Telluride Module Manufacturers to Address Expected Increases in the Price of Tellurium." Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 2012. In Press.
Goodrich, A.; Hacke, P.; Wang, Q.; Sopori, B.; Margolis, R.; James, T.; Woodhouse, M. (2012) "A wafer-based monocrystalline silicon photovoltaics roadmap: utilizing known technology improvement opportunities for further reductions in manufacturing costs." Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 2012. Accepted.
Goodrich, A.; Woodhouse, M.; Hacke, P. (2012). Value Proposition for High Lifetime (p-type) and Thin Silicon Materials in Solar PV Applications: Preprint. 6 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-6A20-55477.
Goodrich, A.; James, T.; Woodhouse, M. (2012). "Residential, Commercial, and Utility-Scale Photovoltaic (PV) System Prices in the United States: Current Drivers and Cost-Reduction Opportunities." 64 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53347.
Woodhouse, M.; Goodrich, A.; James, T.; Margolis, R.; Feldman, D.; Markel, T. (2012). "An Economic Analysis of Photovoltaics versus Traditional Energy Sources: Where are we Now and Where Might we be in the Near Future?" IEEE Photovoltaics Specialist Conference 2011. Seattle, WA.
James, T.; Goodrich, A.; Woodhouse, M.; Margolis, R.; Ong, S. (2011). "Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) in the Residential Sector: An Analysis of Installed Rooftop System Prices." 50 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-6A20-53103.
Full list of Alan C. Goodrich publications (NREL)