Aaron Levine is a member of the Technology Systems & Sustainability Analysis in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
Legal and Regulatory Analyst
On staff since 2012
Phone number: 303-275-3855
Areas of expertise
- Environmental laws and regulations
- Energy facility siting and transmission laws and regulations
- Natural resource leasing and acquisition
- Legal impacts on renewable energy development
- Legal and policy research
Primary research interests
- Renewable energy and transmission project development
Education and background training
- LL.M in environmental and natural resources law and policy (specialization in energy law and policy), University of Denver College of Law, Denver, CO, 2012
- J.D. with environmental and natural resources law certificate, University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, KS, 2010
- B.A. in political science and philosophy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 2006
Prior work experience
- Regulatory Analysis RPP, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO
- Law Clerk, Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Topeka, KS
Young, Katherine R. and Aaron Levine. "Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop (RAPID) Toolkit." Geothermal Resources Council Transactions 38 (2014): 887-91. NREL/CP-6A20-61888.
Young, Katherine R. and Aaron Levine. "Geothermal National Environmental Policy Act Database on Open Energy Information." Geothermal Resources Council Transactions 38 (2014): 883-86. NREL/CP-6A20-61795.
Young, Katherine R., Kermit Witherbee, Aaron Levine, Adam Keller, Jeremy Balu, and Mitchell Bennett. "Geothermal Permitting and NEPA TImelines." Geothermal Resources Council Transactions 38 (2014): 893-904. NREL/CP-6A20-61973.
Full list of Aaron Levine publications (NREL)