Aron Dobos is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since August 2008
Phone number: 303-384-7422
Areas of expertise
- Detailed photovoltaic systems modeling and design
- Spray combustion modeling in diesel engines
- Power system scheduling and economics
- Software development and engineering
- Solar resource data for PV, CSP, and solar water heating
Primary research interests
- Solar energy
Education and background training
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, Colorado State University, 2016
- M.S. in electrical engineering, University of Washington, 2007
- B.S. in engineering, Swarthmore College, 2006
Prior work experience
- Maxim Integrated Products, High Frequency CAD Group. Hillsboro, OR. Intern.
- Hyperlabs, Inc. Beaverton, OR. Consulting Engineer.
- Intel Corporation, High Performance Compiler Group. Redmond, WA. Intern.
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Sengupta, M., A. Habte, S. Kurtz, A. Dobos, S. Wilbert, E. Lorenz, T. Stoffel, D. Renne, C. Gueymard, D. Myers, S. Wilcox, P. Blanc, and R. Perez. 2015. Best Practices Handbook for the Collection and Use of Solar Resource Data for Solar Energy Applications. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-5D00-63112.
DiOrio, Nicholas, Aron Dobos, and Steven Janzou. 2015. Economic Analysis Case Studies of Battery Energy Storage with SAM. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-64987.
Fu, Ran, Ted James, Donald Chung, Douglas Gagne, Anthony Lopez, and Aron Dobos. "Economic Competitiveness of U.S. Utility-Scale Photovoltaics Systems in 2015: Regional Cost Modeling of Installed Cost ($/W) and LCOE ($/kWh)." Paper presented at the 2015 IEEE 42nd Photovoltaic Specialist Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, June 2015.
Dobos, A.P., P. Gilman, and M. Kasberg. 2012. P50/P90 Analysis for Solar Energy Systems Using the System Advisor Model: Preprint. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-6A20-54488.
Blair, N., A. Dobos, and N. Sather. 2012. Case Studies Comparing System Advisor Model (SAM) Results to Real Performance Data: Preprint. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/CP-6A20-54676.
Gilman, P. and A. Dobos. 2012. System Advisor Model, SAM 2011.12.2: General Description. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-53437.
Dobos, A. "An Improved Coefficient Calculator for the CEC 6 Parameter Photovoltaic Module Model." ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering SOL-11-1205 (2012). doi:10.1115/1.4005759
Jorgenson, J., P. Gilman, A. Dobos. 2011. Technical Manual for the SAM Biomass Power Generation Model. Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL/TP-6A20-52688.
Dobos, A., and N. Blair. "An Introduction to the System Advisor Model." Paper presented at the Energy, Utilities, and Environment Conference (EUEC), Phoenix, AZ, 2011.
Full list of Aron Dobos publications (NREL)