Aron Dobos is a member of the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group in the Strategic Energy Analysis Center.
On staff since August 2008
Phone number: 303-384-7422
Areas of expertise
- Detailed modeling of PV, CSP, and solar water heating systems
- Flat-plate PV and HCPV modeling and engineering
- Systems simulation using TRNSYS and SAM
- Economic analysis of renewable energy systems
- Power system scheduling and economics
Primary research interests
- System modeling tools, particularly the System Advisor Model (SAM)
Education and background training
- M.S. in electrical engineering, University of Washington, 2007
- B.S. in engineering, Swarthmore College, 2006 (Recipient of 2006 Swarthmore College McCabe Engineering Award)
Prior work experience
- Maxim Integrated Products, High Frequency CAD Group. Hillsboro, OR. Intern.
- Hyperlabs, Inc. Beaverton, OR. Consulting Engineer.
- Intel Corporation, High Performance Compiler Group. Redmond, WA. Intern.
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Colorado Renewable Energy Society (CRES)
- Tau Beta Pi, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi
Dobos, A. P.; Gilman, P.; Kasberg, M. (2012). P50/P90 Analysis for Solar Energy Systems Using the System Advisor Model: Preprint. 8 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-6A20-54488.
Blair, N.; Dobos, A.; Sather, N. (2012). Case Studies Comparing System Advisor Model (SAM) Results to Real Performance Data: Preprint. 8 pp.; NREL Report No. CP-6A20-54676.
Gilman, P.; Dobos, A. (2012). System Advisor Model, SAM 2011.12.2: General Description. NREL Technical Report, NREL/TP-6A20-53437, February.
Dobos, A. (2012). "An Improved Coefficient Calculator for the CEC 6 Parameter Photovoltaic Module Model." ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, SOL-11-1205. http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4005759
Jorgenson, J.; Gilman, P.; Dobos, A. (2011). "Technical Manual for the SAM Biomass Power Generation Model." NREL Technical Report, NREL/TP-6A20-52688, OSTI ID 1026561, September.
Dobos, A.; Blair, N. (2011). "An Introduction to the System Advisor Model." Conference presentation at the Energy, Utilities, and Environment Conference (EUEC), Phoenix, AZ. February.
Full list of Aron Dobos publications (NREL)
Skier, swimmer, pianist, woodworker, and machinist.